Ladies please post for woman around 5'0 feet results

Options
nashai01
nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
I'm curious because my overall goal was 140. I started at 162 and I'm now at 145ish. I was told for my height I need to be around 128-130. I do not want to lose that much weight. I am more confortable with 140. Please post results so I can see how other women my height look.

Replies

• Determined2Reach
    Determined2Reach Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's really hard to say b/c not all women have the same body type. I know myself when I weighed 140 (a sophomore in HS) I looked like I barely weighed 100lbs. Today, I've started my weight loss journey after having a child and I'm at my heaviest 213 and even my personal trainer made me weigh 3 times b/c he didn’t believe how much I weighed, he said I looked like I weighed about 170, 180 at the most. Oh yeah, by the way I'm 5'3 and I'm an hour glass shape. So as long as you are comfortable with your appearance and there are no health concerns there is no reason to lose more b/c those charts are bias ESPECIALLY AMONG MINORITY WOMEN AND WOMEN WITH “HOUR GLASS/PEAR SHAPES” b/c these women naturally carry more scale weight.
  • nashai01
    Options
    Right I have hips and booty for days. I have the hour glass shape also so I just don't feel like anything under 140 would compliment me. Thanks for responding!
  • JuanitaCastaneda
    Options
    i weigh 99 lbs now and im 5''
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11", and I look best around 110. Right now I'm 131, and I don't look or feel well. But when I was 178, I thought I'd be a stick at 110. Definitely not a stick. I'm not even thin at that size, just a regular, medium frame...wide hips and all that.

But, don't go by any one's scale, dear heart. Only you know if you've go rolls, or if you look good. BMI is a "population averaged tool" used by people looking at thousands of people at a time. It was never intended to be an individual/clinical tool. Its pretty well accepted, for example, that east asians are smaller and have health problems at lower weights, and that folks of African descent are larger and don't have weight-related problems until higher weights.

All of which is to say that people vary. If you don't want to just trust your own eyes, then measure your body fat % to get a clearer picture of where you are.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1 1/4" and pear shaped. Highest was 135 about a year ago and down to about 125. I had three kids (all c section) and have a mooshy tummy to lose and also need to tone up/lose some fat on my bum.
  • dawnagetsfit
    Options
    I also am 5'3" with an hourglass shape and my goal is to get down to 140 since (as far as I can remember many, many years ago) I look best at that weight.
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Im 5 5 started out at 298 currently 183, ppl dont believe me they seem to think I'm smaller than 183. Everyones differnt my new goal is 175. I do not want to get any smaller than that.
  • LauraMyny
    LauraMyny Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Check out this site!! You can search for women by height and weight or shirt/pant size. Its interesting to see how two people can weigh the same but look so different!!

http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • Linda916
    Linda916 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies- I started at the beginning of the month at 162 and i am 5'2". I wear a med-lg top (i am not busty at all) and my pants are a 12 and dress size is 10-12. According to the chart at my dr's office, i am obese. Obese! I will be happy if I am 140ish too. If I follow the 'recommendation' and weigh in the 120's, I would lose my curves and booty. I want less- not none! lol

On another note, I have gained two pounds since joining and my husband has lost, like 10 or something! I think I have solved the problem and hopefully will lose something in the next few weeks. I have, however, noticed my close are fitting more loosely! I dont have to fight with my jeans in the morning anymore! I showed them who's boss! hahaha!

:wink:
  • silkglo4
    Options
    I'm 5'2". I currently weigh 174 and I am in a size 12. I have a bigger frame. If I went down to what they told me to get to (130's), I would look sick. I have larger thighs and a booty that needs some slimming down. But I can actually feel my ribs and hips. So don't worry about your weight.

Remember this: A pound of muscle and a pound of fat weigh the same, but they do differ in density. This means if you look at five pounds of muscle and five pounds of fat side by side, the fat takes up more volume, or space, than the muscle. That’s important when you’re on a diet and part of your goal is the lean look of muscle, not the flabby look of fat. So take that into consideration when you are trying to hit a goal weight. Don't go by the weight, but by your look (size). As long as your are healthy and happy with what you look like, that is all that matters.
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am 5' and started at 161. My favorite size for me is between 105 and 118. I can post some photos of me around 140. I look pretty big until I get around 120. I probably have photos of me at all weights if that helps you.

In my profile photo I'm 117 and I don't look that tiny (I'm the larger one).
  • Churble
    Churble Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I also am 5'3" with an hourglass shape and my goal is to get down to 140 since (as far as I can remember many, many years ago) I look best at that weight.

I'm exactly the same. I started at almost 300 so I have a very long way to go, but if memory serves, many many years ago, I looked pretty great around 140-145.
  • lilacberry
    lilacberry Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Heyy, I think everyone is right...everyone is different. I'm 5'3" and atm I'm like 9stone 1 which is around 130lbs (i think)
    my goal is 112/ 121 I'll see when i get there...I've always been between 112-121 untill i had my 2nd child 19 months ago and since then I've hovered around 130/ 136 which for me personally is too heavy! You know when you feel confident in your skin and thats where you should stay, so if that's 140 so be it! :happy: well done for getting there!
  • tabngillysmom
    tabngillysmom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and started at 202. My goal weight is 145, because at that weight I am actually a size 4/6 depending on the clothes. Even at my current weight of 194.8 I wear a size 10 jeans and a large top. I am definitely an hour glass shape. So, everyone is different and we all carry weight differently. The most important thing is that YOU feel good about YOU!! Best of Luck!

14154011.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • elder4
    elder4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1". I started my journey at 217. My goal is to be between 135 and 140. I have not been there since before my son was born.... 12 years ago (guess I need to stop claiming its baby weight) lol My DOCTOR told me that with my body frame she would be content with anything below 170, close to 155 and she would leave me alone about losing weight. I weighed in this morning at 169. I am more than half way to my goal... It is slow but at least I know I am doing it the healthy way.... (why cant healthy = faster?!?!?) lol
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and right now I weigh 107.
  • nashai01
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I was a little worried about getting under 140. I think I'm good now... I'll stick with my goal of 140
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!