Hydroxicut???

Options
I have been using MFP for 3 weeks now and have lossed 13 lbs. I was wondering if anyone has used hydroxicut in addition to regular exercise and eating a 1500 calorie diet to assist you in losing weight. I didnt notice much weight loss on week 3 and fear what the results are going to be on week 4 and am thinking of adding the Hydroxicut to my diet to assist in losing more weight weekly. I am wanting to lose at least 2 lbs a week or more if possible.

Replies

• swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. Shortcuts will never pay off in the long run. Just exercise and eat healthy.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for 3 weeks now and have lossed 13 lbs. I was wondering if anyone has used hydroxicut in addition to regular exercise and eating a 1500 calorie diet to assist you in losing weight. I didnt notice much weight loss on week 3 and fear what the results are going to be on week 4 and am thinking of adding the Hydroxicut to my diet to assist in losing more weight weekly. I am wanting to lose at least 2 lbs a week or more if possible.

Initial weight loss is usually higher in the beginning of diets due to loss of water weight. You shouldn't expect to consistently lose as much as you did the first 2 weeks

As for Hydroxycut, the ephedrine version was effective, but subsequent versions, not so much
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You lost 13 lbs in 3 weeks. That averages to 4.33 lbs per week. You are doing fine without hydroxycut, don't do it. Just keep on doing what your doing.
  • fitnesswhitness
    Options
    all it did for me was make it harder for me to sleep, which made it harder for me to get in good workouts, and also the lack of sleep made me hungry ALL THE TIME. It's no bueno.

I do always recommended a good daily vitamin though. Can help your body realize it's getting nutrients and can help you burn fat better.
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options

Repeat after me, muscletech products suck!
  • Queenzombie74
    Options
    I used to work at a gym where they required us to do a weight loss supplement. I did hydroxicut for 4 months. I worked out an hour or more EVERYDAY and lost about 50lbs in that time BUT I stopped taking it because it made me feel like I was cracked out and dizzy at times. I gained every pound plus about 40 back. I gained the 50 back in 3 months. NOT HEALTHY!!

And I didnt start eating junk either. I just stopped the pills. I wouldnt do it.

Take a multivitamin. THEY HELP!!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Don't get too attached to those big losses, sweet as they are. They will stop at some point and if you're not careful that could put you in the same shape as a lot of people I see posting here, "I lost 4 pounds last week and only half a pound this week. This isn't working I want to quit!!!"

It's not a race. You will get there. But following MFP guidelines you're only going to lose a few pounds a week, sometimes not even that. Best you prepare yourself for that now. Because this is how you take off weight and keep it off for good. Not a fad diet, not a temporary fix, not some miracle pill that doesn't actually work. Eat healthy and exercise and you'll keep up the good work you've been doing. Trust us.

You don't need a pill. You've got everything you need right here.
  • amyofftherecord
    amyofftherecord Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I lost 13 lbs in my first two weeks, too, and then nothing in the third. Literally nothing; I was the same weight down to the decimal point. So I did a different workout at the gym in my fourth week and lost 0.6 lbs overnight.

Don't go with drugs and stimulants. Your weight loss will start and stop and stall and plateau and go crazy, but stick with it and it'll pay off.
  • drowninginatowel
    Options
    I tried it a few years back and it did help a little but the side affects were horrible. I had horrible anxiety, bad nausea, headaches, and felt like I was dying.
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    13 pounds in 3 weeks is good. How about 10 pounds in 3 months, which is fine with me, but leave the hydroxycut at the store. You are doing great.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I tried it before... NOTHING except an extra expense. There is no miracle drug. Diet & exersice will do the trick.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Losing 4 lbs, a week is unrealistic goal..... Slow and Steady will always win the race... This should be a lifestyle change and taking it off at a nice 1 to 2 lb. a week pace will help keep it off in the long term. You have to realize that you didn't put the weight on over night and it will take time to get it off. I have averaged 2.5 lbs. a week loss for 31 months now and it eventually adds up!! look at my ticker........ Just remember this is a Marathon not a Sprint........ Good Luck to you......