first NSV

Options
Ran 5k in 32 minutes , and whilst being quite winded I wasn't at the "omg I need to sit down and die" kind of winded

I'll make a runner of myself yet (:

Replies

• krisruss20
    krisruss20 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
  • Donna_Houghton
    Donna_Houghton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Well done! Great NSV!!:smile:

I'm about to do the London Mile for Sports Relief in March so I'm also trying to up my running. You've beat me so far as I can't yet run the full mile - but I hope to be where you are by the big day!
  • NoMoreThickyMickey
    NoMoreThickyMickey Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    wow that is awesome... congratulations :)
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I hated running just hated it and then I would set little goals for myself now if I don't run 5 to 6 miles a day I am on edge it is very addicting.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Well done. X
  • lovinlife71
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am working on becoming a runner myself!
  • KYMUSE
    KYMUSE Posts: 66
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Marie294
    Marie294 Posts: 304
    Options
    That's so awesome!! :) Way to go! :D
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Awesome !!
  • stewartcarden
    Options
    I hated running just hated it and then I would set little goals for myself now if I don't run 5 to 6 miles a day I am on edge it is very addicting.

Yeah I think that's the way forward , so you can tell yourself , "just another bit to go " , then once you've made it set another goal and push for that.

I tend to alternate if on the treadmill , start walking at 6kph to warm up , then jog/run at 9kph , then push it for stretches at 11kph and 14kph and higher , just to see how high and how far I can actually go for bursts (:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Good 4 U.
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    This is soo good well done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!