TOM munchies

Options
Do any of you girls out there get really munchy right before your period? I have gone over calories 3 times this week! It's only been by 50 or so but still this is the first time I've done that since February. I guess I'm just worried I'm falling off the wagon of healthy dieting. And I'm hormone laden so I need some sympathy. :smile:

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I do. 50 cals over if you are on a 500 or more calorie deficit isn't a big deal. You can work out more to burn off the calories, accept it and give yourself the extra 50 cals on the week before TOM, or use things like carrots, cucumbers that are really crunchy and take awhile to chew... and don't really add up calorie wise (in the end, they take more calories to digest than they have in them).
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Ugh, that is me right now! Yesterday, I didn't have any candy in the house, so I dug into a bag of chocolate chips... how ridiculous is that?!? I went over my calories by way more than 50. If you crave chocolate, I found Hershey's Sticks. They're only 60 calories a piece of regular chocolate (no sugar free or low fat junk), and come in milk, mint, dark and extra dark flavors. Sometimes, I'll also go for a 100 calorie bag of kettle corn. It's sweet, and you get quite a bit for just 100 cals. Any other suggestions for good munchies is appreciated... oh, and I've tried, but veggies don't cut it for me.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs are my life saver for this! I know they're not the healthiest thing in the world but they do the trick when necessary! Also, I love love love dark chocolate, so when I crave it, I don't go for the 100 calorie packs, I go straight for a dark chocolate and almond bar. A few squares are *usually* enough to end my cravings. Good luck! :drinker:
  • AJneuro
    AJneuro Posts: 33
    Options
    sugar free fudgesciles and sugar free chocolate pudding cups!
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue for the week before TOM, I try to eat things like peanut butter that have some good fats and put it on rice cakes that kills my sweet/carb fix!
  • candy76
    candy76 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks everybody! It's nice to hear I'm not the only one! :heart:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    that poor TOM guy seems to get blamed for just about everything under the sun

whats up with that?
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    that poor TOM guy seems to get blamed for just about everything under the sun

whats up with that?

Who? Me? Magnum_1980_Magnum_PI_1.jpg
  • GetFitBy2010
    Options
    I know when I'm going to get my period, I go nut banana the week before.
    Eat like a nut. My emotion is also out of balance, usually I get sad so easily.
    I read that metabolism does up during that time.. so that's why you want to eat more.