Just lookin' for encouragement buddies

Options
Just joined this site, seems pretty cool. I've already lost some weight and am looking to tone and be healthy. I LOVE video games, which lately with all the new kinect games for xbox 360 isn't necessarily a bad thing. If anybody needs to know about new games, or if they're good or not, I can usually tell you. :)

Replies

• teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have the Kinect as well, have you tried any workout games? We have the UFC one, but I injured my knee doing it and haven't tried it since:)
  • seraphreak
    seraphreak Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We're glad to have you. :-)
  • forkeeps251
    forkeeps251 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I recently got a Kinect with the expectations that I would be doing more with it. Right now the problem is that I don't really know what is good and what isn't. I've downloaded some demo's... I got a demo for Your Shape, one of Let's Dance or something like that, and one for Zumba. I wasn't impressed with any of them based on the demo. I don't think that the dancing ones are really for me, and the Your Shape fitness was just sort of hard to tell based on what was on the demo.

I do know that I prefer something cardio to strength training. I used to have a Wii ages ago, and I LOVED the gold's gym boxing game on it. It was like guitar hero or something, where it gave you a line of moves to make, only you were punch rather than playing an instrument. I would really really like to find something like that for the Kinect! I'm VERY impressed with the way it senses you, much more accurate than my Wii, but I just haven't found the right game. Recommendations are welcome!
  • Angelily89
    Options
    My boyfriend tried the self defense one, while I was at work one day (he works at a game store) and he really enjoyed it. I usually use my Wii Fit for my yoga; it helps to make sure that I'm doing the poses right, although I intend to expand to some of the yoga ones for kinect to see what I like. For cardio, my stand by is Just Dance; those games are so fun. Ubisoft just released an ABBA dance game that I MUST have. I also like the Black Eyed Peas Experience, but I didn't care as much for the Micheal Jackson Experience (you strike a pose for his signature moves and you don't actually do the moonwalk or anything, which was disappointing). Dance Central is good, but I prefer the song selections on Just Dance 3 (plus they're essentially making all of the songs from the first two games available for download, so that's a plus.) Oh yea! you must download Fruit Ninja for kinect; you'll look like a spaz, but it's really fun.
  • jjxxxbirmzx
    Options
    Hey everyone just recently came back on here i am determined to experience being slim at some point in my life!!! Would love to talk to people also losing weight and using this site as their only source of support/guidance would love to know how everyone is doing so far?! xx
  • Angelily89
    Options
    Well, I just joined, but so far so good. :) I really like this environment
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    fruit ninja? haha, I will def try that one
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    welcome & good luck ;o)
  • Angelily89
    Options
    Fruit Ninja for the Kinect is great because you can use your whole body, plus it's a fun party game. It's not necessarily to best workout, but good for those kind of lazy days when one needs to get off one's butt and do something fun.