yoga/bellydance/zumba/crafty friends wanted!

yummygoods
yummygoods Posts: 32 Member
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey,

I've been using MFP on and off (ok, fine. mostly off) since September and would love to become more involved in the community. I don't usually post, but I plan to get in the habit of it. MFP totally works when I actually DO IT, so I am working on becoming more active on here.

I would love more pals who have similar fitness interests so I can by motivated by seeing what you're up to in my feed !

I love Bikram yoga, bellydance (studied for 2 years but haven't actively danced in a long time), zumba, pilates, running. Especially when I actually DO THEM, if you know what I mean.

Also, if you are crafty, add me! I am a fabric designer and sewing book author and I love to make new craft friends!

melissa

Replies

• ladyphoebe
    ladyphoebe Posts: 46 Member
    I LOVE Zumba. I havent been able to go to any classes in a while but i have it for my Wii. It is great. I would love to get into bellydancing...once i have the belly for it. Im also into crafty things. Mostly I do bead work and lately I started with Cake decorating courses.

:) Feel free to add me if you would like
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    I love belly dance this is my second year (with a year off inbetween do to knee) i have done zumba a couple times, would love to do more but the classes at my gym are just not fitting in my schedule. done some yoga mostly a dvd done by Rachel brice i have has some yoga geared toward belly dancing. sending a friend request. and anyone else with similar intrest can friend me
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    I'll add you! I love Zumba, although I've only been able to do it at home. I knit and sew, but havne't been able to do too much since my 4 month old has been born. Just yesterday I made a new dress and some workout shorts though - it feels good to sew again! How I've missed being creative!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Bought Zumba for the PS3...Havent done it yet but hear its a blast! Love yoga!! Want to Belly dance (I gots abelly-I can dance!!) Just recently had a Shimmy-Mob in our community which was fun to watch!! Love running and hope to do a full marathon by hte time I turn 45!! Currently doing 6-7 k every 2nd day working to a full 10k....Could always use another friend!!
  • i loove zumba and recently started to belly dance...well im not good at it but i try lol add me if ya want xD
  • ashleymichelle06
    ashleymichelle06 Posts: 47 Member
    I just tried a belly dancing video last night and I loved it...so much fun I barely felt like I was even working out. I definitely want to stick with it and maybe do the bollywood dance videos too.
  • erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    I love my zumba class, knit and sew too! Love to paint and draw and do crafts as well - I am a mom of 4, was former active duty military, and have been actively trying to get into better shape than I was in the Army!
  • themehgetarian
    themehgetarian Posts: 26 Member
    Hello! Just re-started with MFP, and I dance with a bellydance troupe in the KC area. I'm not the greatest at crafts yet, but I'm learning slowly. :) Hope to get to know many of you very soon.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    I'm a Zumba-maniac, artsy (though I don't create crafts) am new to running, like Yoga but haven't done it for years, and I'm a great MFP friend to have. :) So if ya want, shoot me a FR!
  • Hi ! :)
    I've just started with MFP and i'm looking for friend to find motivation, because i give up easily when i'm on my own :(

I bellydance, tribal fusion precisely, and i loove it !! \o/ This is me with my professor : http://youtu.be/4_GvprSlM9Q (i'm the chubby chick on the right ^^) My goal is to lose some fat on my arms, and have a more tonic belly and less fat rolls :3

I love arts and crafts, knitting, sewing ... ♥ :3 oh and I love hula hooping too ! I think that it will be help me loosing weight.
  • infallible
    infallible Posts: 14 Member
    I bellydance, tribal fusion precisely, and i loove it !! \o/ This is me with my professor : http://youtu.be/4_GvprSlM9Q (i'm the chubby chick on the right ^^) My goal is to lose some fat on my arms, and have a more tonic belly and less fat rolls :

Oh girl, you are so cute! I understand wanting to have less fat moving when you're dancing (I'm like twice your size and not even ready to unveil my belly). At the same time I have to say, when watching other belly dancers, especially the tribal ones, I tend to find my eyes drawn to the larger dancers cause their moves seem more earthy and womanly, than the skinnier girls. That I know how hard they've worked to get there bodies to move like that. LOL :)

Oh and I'm a crafty person too. At least I attempt to be.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    I love Bikram yoga and I do crafts (knitting, occasional sewing, cake decorating, scrapbooking). Add me!
  • Lilith47
    Lilith47 Posts: 52 Member
    I do tribal bellydance! New here so I'm happy about new friends ;)
  • I love bellydancing! I am looking for friends in central texas williamson county to get together.
This discussion has been closed.