Lowfat/Low calorie coffee????

Options
I am a full time student and work full time..... I drink at-least one coffee/tea like drink a day... But i have just realized that my normal non-fat chai latte is about 300 calories! :(:(:( Does anyone have any better suggestions other then just having it black? ugh.

Replies

• MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I make coffee at home using 4 tbsp sugarfree creamer and splenda, cause I like it very blonde in a 2cup mug. runs me 60cals. sugarfree also saves on carbs (which turn to fat) its an adjutments, but I after a week i didnt notice the difference.

if you arent brewing your own, order black coffee with room for creamer so you can add. even with 4tbsp reg creamer would run 150.
  • barenda_101
    Options
    Try those coffee mate creamer singles - they are about 30 calories each and add plenty of sweetness/flavor to a cup of coffee. Plus you don't need to refrigerate them, so you can add them anywhere.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Splenda introduced flavoured sweetener i.e. hazelnut. That being said, I don't drink coffee, doesn't taste good. If I drink it I HAVE to have like 4 sweeteners in it - but that’s 1-2x a year if it’s like free coffee day at McDonalds or something ;)
  • zakkthebear
    zakkthebear Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    why not just drink black coffee?
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    alittle unsweetened almond milk ,1 tsp unsweetened cocoa and 2 pkts stevia
  • alexis510
    Options
    I've been addicted to coffee for the past 5 years. I used to do whole milk and sugar in my coffee. Now, I started drinking plain green tea--no calories! But when I do make coffee at home, I use nonfat milk and splenda. When I really want to treat myself, I will go to a coffee shop and get a latte with nonfat milk and sugar free syrup.
  • SuzyQq02
    SuzyQq02 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I drink regular coffee with one packet of sweetner (stevia at home, Splenda or Equal if I'm getting it out somewhere) and a small amount of skim milk (about a tablespoon) but I like my coffee pretty coffee flavored. :-) One of my friends swears by almond milk, either vanilla or coconut flavored.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    one tablespoon of half and half goes along way to make it creamy for only about 30 calories.
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk... 1 cup is only 40 calories, so 2 tbsp is only 5 calories. That and some splenda work for me..
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Regular coffee, 1/8-1/4 cup of soymilk, 1 packet sweetener. Total: 30 calories or so.
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    I was drinking the starbucks light frappachinos at 100 calories but I got a single serve keurig for Christmas and have switched to hot coffee. I use Splenda and a sugar free creamer. Right now I am hooked on Coffe-mate Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel creamer 1 tblsp has 15 calories and 1g of fat. There are a lot of fat free or sugar free creamers that are good. Usually the fat free is higher in calories though. Good luck!
  • gillybumbler
    Options
    I switched to green tea and Xylotol
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I cut sweeteners back gradually with tea. I used to sweeten iced tea, now it's repugnant to me.

You could get a small "regular" and add black coffee to cut calories in half.
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    I always add protein powder to black coffee and it tastes like a mocha. Right now I am using optimum nutrition chocolate coconut, it has 130 cals, 24grams protein, 2 grams fat, 4 grams carbs. It's so good, gives me my coffee jolt with out empty calories, since it pretty much is a meal and I use it as breakfast most mornings.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am using a fat free creamer from coffee mate i input Splenda for the sweetness without of the loaded sugar
  • apena_06
    Options
    I am a full time student and work full time..... I drink at-least one coffee/tea like drink a day... But i have just realized that my normal non-fat chai latte is about 300 calories! :(:(:( Does anyone have any better suggestions other then just having it black? ugh.

I love my coffe and creamer and sugar but recently switched to almond milk (i do the sweetened) and splenda. It took me a few days to get adjusted but it's really good and low-cal. I also tried the skinny mocha at starbucks (110 calories in a tall i think) and it wasn't too bad. Good luck!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Chai tea bags are delicious with a splash of almond milk and Splenda!
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    I put Farmland Skim Plus Special request fat free half and half in my coffee and no sweetener. It has 15 cal per serving and taste great!
    http://www.farmlanddairies.com/special_request.php