ZUMBA

Options
:flowerforyou: IF YOU HAVNT TRIED ZUMBA DO IT NOW IN CC,TX, ITS ONLY $5 GOOGLE IT AND GO ITS WORTH IT IM TELLING YOU AND YOU WONT COME OUT WITHOUT BEING COVERED IN SWEAT

Replies

• Nettie24
    Nettie24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree. I take a Zumba class 2-3 times a week. It is a so much fun and you burn a ton of calories!
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE ZUMBA! :love: It is always so much fun and a wonderful full body workout! If you can dance, you can ZUMBA. And if you can't dance, ZUMBA will teach you to!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA!!! unfortunately, that is WAY too far for me to drive :laugh: I'm hoping that they will get a new instructor at our gym... The one we had got fired! :sad:
  • princessmevq20
    Options
    EVERYTHING BEING SAID IS TRUE AND IF YOU SAY YOU CANT DO IT THEN YOU CAN BCUZ THATS ALL YOU NEED IS ONCE TO GO AND YOUR HOOKED LOL IMS ERIOUS:smokin:
  • DTFaaron
    Options
    yeah I did it. I was one of the only guys in there......lol felt kinda gay but it was fun.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    yeah I did it. I was one of the only guys in there......lol felt kinda gay but it was fun.

:laugh: You definitely deserve props!! :drinker:
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Soooo Fun!!! Love Zumba!
  • cricka
    cricka Posts: 2
    Options
    If you haven't given this a try - do so!!! The best way to burn calories & have a great time. Have never walked out of a class without feeling wonderful. Definitely gives you an attitude change. I'm taking at least 4 classes a week and intend to take six starting in February!
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just tried it for the first time last Sunday! I loved it. Once I got over feeling like a fool, I had so much fun.

I didn't really feel like it was a high intensity workout though, and wasn't all that sweaty when done. I guess I need to pump it up a bit more next time!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    What to put in for calories for Zumba?
  • arasmc
    arasmc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba and go 4-5 times a week. My instructor used a HRM to report the calories she burns, it was 600 by the time class was over (she said she usually burns 200 more while her heart rate gets back to normal). Tonight I'm wearing my HRM for the first time to Zumba, I'll report back tomorrow what I burn, but I do turn up the heat and Zumba hard (dripping sweat by the end)! I'm so anxious to see!!
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I adore Zumba... my husband and I go two to three times a week.

After buying a Polar HRM (I think it's the FT11), I have recorded 686, 658 and 696 as total calorie burn for 55-60 minutes. I think that's on the higher impact side of it, though, because I do all the arm movements and jumping about :) I typically record my exercise calories as about 100 less than what the HRM recorded.
  • arasmc
    arasmc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I Zumba'd my heart out! The total class burn was 600, cooling down I burned an additional 100 making it 700! WOOOO HHHOOO!! I'm only counting 600 in my exercise journal. So super excited!!
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    I've been putting in my aerobic calories as "dance, modern, aerobic." What about all of you? I do love Zumba. It's a blast and a workout!
  • BrandyHeit
    Options
    I tried Zumba for the first time on Monday and really liked it!
  • ColleenMichele
    Options

We have a male instructor at my gym. He is def one of my favorites. Keep it up!
  • arc_82
    arc_82 Posts: 9
    Options
    I love Zumba! I have been doing it for years. I found a zumba calculator online and used that and now I have it in my list of frequent exercises. It seems pretty accurate based on what people are reporting getting from their monitors. I just googled "calories burned doing Zumba."

My home gym only offers 1 class I can make a week, but my membership lets me go to any gym in the franchise so I get a few more classes in each week. I'm aiming for 4 a week right now. It is my favorite way to get my cardio in!
  • StacyS222
    Options
    Hello,

I am just joining myfitnesspal, but can truly say I have fallen in LOVE with Zumba. It is definitely my exercise of choice. I have a DVD (Exhilarate) that I do at home at least 3 times a week. We also have it at my church twice a week.