Need Help???

Options
Hey every I have been a Personal Trainer for about 5 years now. I have a BS in Sports Science, my ACSM, NASM, CES/ PES. If you need any help at all please ask.

Replies

• Kimlane70
    Kimlane70 Posts: 117
    Options
    Ok. I need help.
    This "stuff" is drivin me crazy. It's all I think about constantly and things just don't seem to work for me like they do for others. So what do you need to know to give me some advice? KIM
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi VWise,

I have a question, that begs an opinion.

What is your opinion on cardio AND weight training? Should Cardio be done before or after the weight trainnig, or does it matter?

Thx!
  • bunny_98
    bunny_98 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know how you feel about eating the calories burned or not. There are definately days when I do, or sometimes im slightly over or under. The way I see it, it just means I will lose quicker if I don't, slower if I do. What I am worried about, is am I slowing my metabolism and putting my body into "starvation mode" by not eating them?
  • vwise
    vwise Posts: 12
    Options
    Its doesnt really matter if you do Cardio first or weight lifting first. My advice would be if you want to lose weight, do Cardio first. If you want to gain muscle weight lift first. For me I hate doing cardio, so I have to do it first or else I wont do it..
  • vwise
    Options
    Bunny_98,

You absolutley have to eat calories especially in the morning. If you dont eat enough at first yes, you will lose weight but in the long run you are setting yourself up for failure. If you eat to many calories you will gain weight (obviously) What you need to do is figure out how fast your metabolism is. There is a test you can do at Lifetime fitness that will pin point this number for you. Once this is known you can base your meal plans(not diet) off of this number. The reason why I say get this test done is because everyones metabolism is different so a 1200 calorie goal will work for some but not all. Most importantly, stay CONSISTANT. At night time watch your carbs. Eat something with a low glycemic level such as a sweet potatoe.
  • vwise
    Options
    Kim,

What do want advice on?
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Bunny_98,
    .... There is a test you can do at Lifetime fitness that will pin point this number for you.

Could you please tell more how to find this?
    is it www.Lifetimefitness.com?
    Do you need to be a member to get to that test?
  • vwise
    Options
    Bunny,

Do you have a lifetime fitness around you? You shouldnt have to be a member just tell them you want to take the RMR (restering metabolic rate) test only and they will accommodate you. Its cheap and great information to know about your body. I've seen it help a lot of people including my personal clients.
  • bunny_98
    bunny_98 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tips. no, we dont have a lifetime fitness around me. i will have to look into who can do that for me around here. i have however heard that the body can get used to the amount of calories you take in similar to how it gets used to the exercise you do. someone said it was in jillian's book from the biggest loser. i have not read it, just hear-say. so, your saying to be more consistant with my calorie count instead of changing it up.
    also, i was curious about eating the calories burned. the way this site has it set up, i can eat 1280 calories. if I burn 500 calories today, I can eat 500 more calories. now i can have 1780, but if I didnt exercise, then i could only eat 1280. how do you feel about burning 500 calories and still only eating 1280. i have heard both sides. on one hand, it will burn fat quicker, but on the other the body could not be getting the nutrition it needs.
    thanks!
  • fspierce
    fspierce Posts: 9
    Options
    I need plenty of help. First, when I'm trying to lose weight, I don't seem to eat enough calories. I do tend to splurge on a weekend or two. Is it ok if I make up the calories I'm not eating through the week on on of my splurging days, or should I consistently try to eat the recommended number of calories? I'm not overweight, but I would like to lose 10 pounds. I have the dreaded pooch in my lower abdomen. I exercise all the time... cardio, weights, abs, not helping. Do I have exercise resistent fat? Is my only option plastic surgery?