Starving.

Options
grag79
grag79 Posts: 70 Member
I dont understand what is going on with me today.I have been starving all day.Not just hungry but so hungry that I have been feeling sick and dizzy till I eat.Like I havent ate all day but I have had 3 big meals.Even went over my calorie intake untill I have done my exercise.Have never been like this before! I have hunger pains now altough I ate my dinner half an hour ago?!Weird.Anyone know whats going on?xgx

Replies

• paladeac
    paladeac Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's going with you but I will say I'm having a lot of success following Paul McKenna's "I can make you thin" plan.

One of the rules is that you eat when you're hungry. (You also eat what you want, eat mindfully - this is a biggie - and stop when you're full.)
  • jsteffen80
    Options
    Is it possible that you are mildly dehydrated?
  • mitchellsmama
    Options
    The more you exercise, the more you will need to eat. Maybe you need to increase your calorie intake. Have you tried snacking between meals?:wink:
  • grag79
    Options
    I dont know I have drank about 3 large glasses of water but maybe!?I will go have a pint of water and see.Eat when you are hungry wouldnt work right now for me as I think im hungry when I'm not full.Really trying to concentrate on portion sizes right now.I havent been hungry at all since I started this so am suprised since I have ate quiet good meals today xgx
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Are you approaching that time of the month?

Have you eaten all your protein?

Are you eating enough fiber?
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    more protein/fat/fiber...
    you might need to try spacing your food out more, instead of having 3 big meals, have three average meals, and a couple snacks in between?
    without seeing your diary its hard to give more accurate info
  • lecarlis
    lecarlis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It definitely may be dehydration! I used to get dizzy and think I needed to eat more when I realized I just wasn't drinking enough water. I don't know if you drink coffee but that can also contribute to the dehydration.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    When people are dieting, they sometimes get hungry. Mind = Blown.
  • grag79
    Options
    You can add me as a friend if you like I have my Diary open.Ya it is coming up to that time but have never notice my appetite go up so big before.Hadnt even checked my protein or fiber yet.xgx
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? If it's refined sugar and carbs then yes, you'll burn it quick and your brain will continue telling you you're hungry even if you're running a calorie surplus.

Pop some protein in there - especially at the start of the day, it will help maintain a feeling of fullness.

So will fiber. I add Benefiber to my water to help me feel full.

As others have said, try drinking more water also.

If the hunger continues in spite of these changes then consider seeing a doctor for a few check ups. Thyroid issues can stimulate hunger, as can insulin imbalances.
  • grag79
    Options
    When people are dieting, they sometimes get hungry. Mind = Blown.

I don't think im dieting am just exercising more so I can eat the food I love.Have never lost weight this way befor.Only ever did fad diets that I have been hungry on but haven't been depriving myself this time xgx
  • grag79
    Options
    What are you eating? If it's refined sugar and carbs then yes, you'll burn it quick and your brain will continue telling you you're hungry even if you're running a calorie surplus.

Pop some protein in there - especially at the start of the day, it will help maintain a feeling of fullness.

So will fiber. I add Benefiber to my water to help me feel full.

As others have said, try drinking more water also.

If the hunger continues in spite of these changes then consider seeing a doctor for a few check ups. Thyroid issues can stimulate hunger, as can insulin imbalances.

I normally would drink minimum 8 glasses a day but had 3 bigger glasses today and now a pint of water.I am over my protein intake too.Have ate not the best diet today but have often ate alot worse and been ok.I will try that benefiber.I will see how I get on and if it continues for more than a week I will go to the doc.xgx
  • grag79
    Options
    P.s thanks everyone for ur input.How rude am I!!!xgx
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Without seeing your diary, I'd be guessing but make sure your NET calories are above 1200.

Be sure you're eating your exercise calories. That's a big one that tends to make you extra hungry if youre not eating them.