When you have no other option but to Dine out...(traveling,

Options
Ok so I know it is ideal to plan ahead and have everything ready and packed to go...but in a not so perfect world even best made plans sometimes falter. So I am curious when you have this type of day or just want to skip the kitchen. Where is your "go to place" and what would you order to stay within your daily goal?

For me so far:
Chipotle - they have all the nutrition on the paper menu so depending on what I have left for calories I chose items for a Salad (no wrap or rice for me)
Panda Express - I recently realized they have some amazing low cal dishes, pair them with the veggie side...and yum! My fav - string bean chicken bowl with side of veggies (240 calories)
Taco Bell - crisp taco and side of pintos n beans

I would love to learn more!

Replies

• kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I was just out of town for 4 days staying in a hotel, so had to eat every meal out. Well there were 2 meals we had snack meals (banana, almonds, string cheese) and that tied us over until next meal. Anyway every single restaurant we went to, dine-in or fast food, I was able to find a "healthier" choice. Most fast food places have a grilled chicken sandwich, which you can order without mayo and some have veggie burgers. Not saying that its exactly "healthy" but its the lowest in calories and fat. Most dine-in places have a lean protein and veggies for sides. It was actually easy making the choices, but I've been doing this for a year. Funny, Panda Express was one of the places we ate at and I got mushroom chicken and veggies. It was my 1st visit and wish we had one near. It was good.
  • mitchellsmama
    Options
    We eat out all the time since we have 3 boys playing and practicing sports all over the state...we frequent buffets, which could be a disaster for me! I find if I eat a large salad first, then go back up for roasted chicken breast or turkey and a veggie, I am fine...I do skip the dessert bar unless there is fruit on it. At McDonalds I get the grilled Chicken classic, no mayo and a side of apple dippers. Taco Bell I always choose from the Drive-Thru diet menu and anytime we eat pizza, I always get a medium veggie on thin crust and have left overs for lunch and/or dinner! I always check thier website on-line, many places, like Panera and Moe's Mexican Grill, have a nutrition builder. I ate at Panera last night and had a half Asian Sesame Salad and half a Roasted Turkey on country bread = 430 calories! Good luck!
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    chick fil a is also another good option ((regardless if I spelt it wrong or not))

They now have grilled chicken nuggets!

I always get the chargrilled chicken sandwich and take the top slice of the bread off ((It's too much bread anyway))
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Wendy's: Small chili is 210 calories and a large is only 310 and super satisfying!