Dinner Challenge

Options
Anyone feel like inspiring a lost soul? I'm so sick of the same old dinner. Here's the challenge - I need to lose weight, my husband doesn't and gets HUNGRY after working physically all day long, and I have 11 and 9 year old picky-eater boys. What should I serve for dinner? :-)

Replies

• luckyCDR
    luckyCDR Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey, I need some help in this area too! My 2-year old is picky so I'm having trouble making us the same dinner!
  • luckyCDR
    luckyCDR Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We haven't had anyone post yet. I've been looking at my friend's food diaries (the ones that have them open for people to see anyway) which has inspired some food ideas for myself as well. That may work for you too!
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    I make one dinner for my family, I just don't eat, or eat very little, of the carbs. Tonight we are having this chicken francese,
    With mashed potatoes, roasted broccoli, tossed greens. I'm only going to have a little potatoes and lots of broccoli.
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/01/lighter-chicken-francese-83-pts.html. My girls are 8 and 11 and pretty picky, but they love this chicken. Tomorrow I'm making a pot of Brailla Plus pasta. The girls will eat it with butter and cheese and my husband and I will eat it with a primavera type sauce. Lots of veggies in chicken stock. We will all have salad. Friday night is pizza night. I have mine loaded with veggies and everybody else has meatballs or plain, again, we all have salad.

Hope this helps!
  • Omnivore47
    Options
    Especially for winter, try homemade soups and stews! The former, especially, fill you up without packing on too many calories. Try fish soup or bouillabaise with crusty bread (which your family will love but you don't have to eat), chicken rice or barley soup, or anything veggie. Portion control is easier when you are eating from a bowl, too.