Tall guy looking to get my life back

Options
My name is Furman. I'm married to my beautiful wife, Josie (joparton24). We've been members on here since 1/9/12. This seems to be a really great site and I love reading all of the positivity on the forums. It really gives me encouragement. I'm 28 years old, 6'7", 325 lbs. I started out at 340. I was very active in high school, playing football and doing track & field. After high school was over with, life began to set in. Friends moved away and I didn't have them to rely on to go sling the football with anymore. I've put on about 75 lbs. in the last 10 years. I did get back down to around 270 back in 2008, but I let myself go again and ballooned right back up. I don't intend on making this a "diet" this time. I want to make a complete lifestyle change. Any and all encouragement will be appreciated and I will be happy to return the favor. Looking forward to losing pounds and gaining friends!

Replies

• mbatey
    mbatey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, you should share your diary as well as others keep an eye on what you eat and you get meal idea's from others!!
  • furman5985
    furman5985 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Will do, man! My wife and I have been constantly searching for some healthy recipes to cook at home. I'm sure some of the members on here have some good ones to share. I've been under my calorie goal every day except for one. I think I'm doing pretty good so far. It really makes a difference once you start monitoring what you put in your body. You really become alot more conscious about your decisions.
  • LessJos
    LessJos Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you are interested. We mostly eat food prepared from scratch. If you see some interesting ingredients on my diary, just ask and I can give you the recipe. Most of the stuff is quick on weekdays and/or sometimes cooked in batches and frozen.
  • furman5985
    furman5985 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, josey12. We can definitely use some quick meals on the weekdays. Hopefully we can find some stuff we both like. Congrats on your weight loss so far.