Past My Prime

Options
Ever had the cold, harsh hand of reality slap you in the face??

This past weekend, the hubby and I were out of town together. I'm not blind nor stupid, I know I'm a far cry from when we were first married. The real world, kids and stress will do that to you, right?? DID NOT realize how old and unattractive I felt around the young 20 somethings. I'm not even that old!! (29)

I have never lamented getting older, in fact, I've always set my goal to age gracefully and embrace it. I don't know if it is the extra weight or what, but wow did I feel gross and even invisible. The pictures from the weekend did not help at all! (Don't you hate when you leave thinking "I look nice" and see the pics and the fat rolls, and how ill fitting your outfit is if you don't stand up straight and suck it in!?)

I've got a lot to loose, but I really want to be healthy and feel sexy by my 30th birthday in December.

Replies

• SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

I look younger than I did in my late 20's. And now I have some life experience at age 40. I love the combo :)

And interestingly enough, it was my late 20's when I realized it. hmmmm....
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. My 30th is coming up and I wish I had my 20 year old body back!
  • cleoleigh
    cleoleigh Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I hear you! 4 short years ago I was a hot 26 year old. I was in decent shape, not at all the jiggling fat *kitten* I am now! LOL I feel OLD now. It is the weight. I know it is. I dont even get "checked out" like I used to...which is techincally fine, cause I have an awesome man...but it sure would be nice for the ego once in a while LOL

And the photos...let's not even go there...I RUN from the camera now!!!

Stick with it. Envision yourself as you want to be. :)

4358892.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • FatBottomGirl1213
    Options
    Lol!! I hear ya!! A lady needs an ego boost from time to time!! Best of luck! Seems like we are in similar situations!! Friend me if you like :-)
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a Spa day..............massage, new hairdo, manicure.........you will feel rejuvinated. Trust me....I'm 48 years old and my husband is 31. I have those days more than most. Just do something that makes you feel good.
  • ladyprofaz
    Options
    Just smiling in reminiscence and taking my 60 year old self out of this one.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel like that, but if that hit you at 29, you really need to either shape up or have an attitude adjustment or both.
    Good Luck,, I am sure a year from now, you feel great about yourself.
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    Ever had the cold, harsh hand of reality slap you in the face??

This past weekend, the hubby and I were out of town together. I'm not blind nor stupid, I know I'm a far cry from when we were first married. The real world, kids and stress will do that to you, right?? DID NOT realize how old and unattractive I felt around the young 20 somethings. I'm not even that old!! (29)

I have never lamented getting older, in fact, I've always set my goal to age gracefully and embrace it. I don't know if it is the extra weight or what, but wow did I feel gross and even invisible. The pictures from the weekend did not help at all! (Don't you hate when you leave thinking "I look nice" and see the pics and the fat rolls, and how ill fitting your outfit is if you don't stand up straight and suck it in!?)

I've got a lot to loose, but I really want to be healthy and feel sexy by my 30th birthday in December.

It is the weight!!! You can be young and hot again. I am planning to be so even at 50. I am already starting to look more like myself. Don't give up!!! You can do it. Trust us that are way past that, 29 is NOT old and doesn't have to be over the hill. Use the wisdom you have gained and do this for yourself.

And yes, I have experienced that horrible picture thing...it was one catalyst for me back in November...
  • clarkey16876
    Options
    i feel the same im 35 going on 60 , i feel very un attractive at the moment
  • jmvh59
    jmvh59 Posts: 97
    Options
    That's a rough wake up call. Luckily, it's not too late to change your lifestyle so that you can gain the body you want!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    29!? Try 44 lady! I'm going out biting and scratching!