pictures to visualize your progress

Options
I took starting pictures and was wondering how often other people take updated pictures? I'm going to probably stop weighing myself because I'm getting too discouraged by the scale not moving and will only be measuring myself every so often. My goals are going to be fitness and diet related (working out 60 minutes 4 times a week, be able to do 10 regular push ups by a specific date, drink 8 glasses of water daily, etc.) So I can't take pictures everytime I lose 5 pounds or anything like that. I'm interested to see what other people do?

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I took starting pictures and was wondering how often other people take updated pictures? I'm going to probably stop weighing myself because I'm getting too discouraged by the scale not moving and will only be measuring myself every so often. My goals are going to be fitness and diet related (working out 60 minutes 4 times a week, be able to do 10 regular push ups by a specific date, drink 8 glasses of water daily, etc.) So I can't take pictures everytime I lose 5 pounds or anything like that. I'm interested to see what other people do?

bout every 3 months I strip to a pair of shorts and take a few pics. It's far less dramatic then it sounds. And I always feel like a narcissistic dork after.:tongue:
  • Kati_Marie
    Kati_Marie Posts: 24
    Options
    I have just joined this site but I thought about taking new pics every week on a specific day. That way when you look back you can see how you've progressed. I don't actually own a scale just due to that obsessive part where you way yourself every day type of thing...

I don't know what others do but that is what I am going to do!
  • ja2009
    ja2009 Posts: 60
    Options
    I take new pictures of myself around the 6th of every month.
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I take pictures and measure once a month. It helped a lot a tthe beginning, though I didn't think about doing that until I had already lost about 30 pounds during my journey. I wish I had started at the beginning.
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Ive never done it, I have thought of it and really wanted to but......:blushing:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Bahh, don't be shy, you don't need to post them (unless you want too) but they are a great motivator!
  • Delphi
    Delphi Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I go picture crazy regardless, so yes, I take progress pictures often. It is a great motivator for me when Darth Scale wants to be a pain. :wink:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken any either. I remember when I first started, I KNEW there would be a day I'd regret not taking them, but I was far too humiliated.

I'd suggest once a month!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    ok i just put some up! MOTIVATION! AWAY!!!! I want those pictures to kick my butt!:bigsmile:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    ok i just put some up! MOTIVATION! AWAY!!!! I want those pictures to kick my butt!:bigsmile:

I tried to view them, but they only showed up as x's on the screen. *sigh, I'll have to try from home
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options

My first set of pics was on 5/15 and I just took some again yesterday. I said I would wait exactly 4 weeks but I just did it early. I will probably do it again July 15th, try to do it once a month maybe.
  • GetFitBy2010
    Options
    I should take a picture of myself so I can pictures to compare.
    Right now I use my old jeans to motivate me. I try to squeeze in them every 2 weeks to see if I can zip it up. :)