LACK OF ENERGY...BUT NOT A COUCH POTATO

Options
I seem to have little to no energy when I'm off of work. Mentally I wanna get up and run around and do stuff , but my body is saying go lay down. I just dont have that extra umph internally.

Replies

• premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You may be lacking some vitamins, I know when I start feeling like that I eat something like a banana or berrocca (vitamin B tablet) and a few minutes later I'm up and out. Sometimes it's not that easy, maybe getting your bloods checked to see if there is something you may not be getting enough of. Good luck
  • Marybet1
    Options
    Lack of energy can stem from many, many things. I tend to be anemic, so I make sure that I eat grits or Grape Nuts cereal which are both high in iron.
    Are you getting enough good sleep?
    Do you find that your energy lags around or during your menstrual cycle?
    Are you drinking plenty of water during the day?

Lastly, if you are on a strict food plan that you've recently started, your body might be detoxing, which can make you tired.

Hope this helps!
  • Bulldog1981
    Options
    We have all started there at one point. Don't worry about it, you'll get motivated. We are here for you!
  • tpomeroy727
    tpomeroy727 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Taking a good multivitamin each day may help. :)

13665451.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    I second what a lot of people are saying to you. Make sure you are eating right, getting enough sleep and I definitely recommend a vitamin supplement. Try to talk yourself into going to the gym or getting out and walking even though you don't feel like it. You will find that you feel SO MUCH BETTER once you finish your workout, & soon your energy level will increase. Exercise has really increased my energy levels. Yes, there are times when I just wanna sit on the couch and veg out, but I just do it anyway and I always feel better! Also, drink water!!! I really don't like water, but it helps so much if you can just add a few glasses a day slowly to your regimen. Hope that helps!!!
  • Pollyfleming
    Pollyfleming Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Please go to a Dr. and get some blood work done. About 3 years ago, I was coming home from work and falling asleep while SITTING on the couch! Really! I would just sort of fall over! I chalked it up to the extra hours I was working. I was also losing hair, had brittle nails, and was very slow and sluggish overall. My Dr. did a blood test and my thyroid was not working properly (I was in the very very high normal) My Dr. put me on levoxyl and I can't tell you how much better I felt. After two weeks, I started crying because I was so sad that I lived with feeling so run down for so long and so happy that I felt like the old me. I'm a new person! People always tell me how much 'energy' I have. I don't know if this is your problem, but at least check it out!
  • msleah88
    Options
    i will have to definitely check with a doctor