Coping With Hunger

Options
Hi, Everybody -

Just joined and will see how far I can take it.

I'd like to ask everybody here what foods they have tried that minimize hunger.

On my second day of exceeding my calorie limit, I have two to offer you: 1) Kellog's Special K Protein Meal Bar (200 calories) and 2) Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop Mini Bags (100 calories).

Best of luck to us all.

F

Replies

• lissamok
    Options
    Usually my 8-9 glasses of water a day helps with the hunger. I find that most of the time, I'm not actually hungry, it's just thirst. Welcome to the program! :)
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi! Try to get plenty of protein and good fats - I've recently learned, by my own body not just from hearing it ;) that THIS is key! You can do this, try to plan your meals if you don't already, at least a rough estimate and be sure to make a lot of supportive friends - they are the ONLY way I've survived this long :) Good luck to you!!!
  • angelialouise
    angelialouise Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    haha first week thought i would starve, water definitely helps and lots of veggies
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    What do you mean how far you can take it? You're either going to do it or not. I deal with hunger by eating Light and Fit 80 calorie yogurts. Gum is also very helpful. Also, water, water, water!!!

If I see food in my cabinets I want to eat or find myself out of control I pour water on it and throw it in the trash. Losing weight is not for the faint of heart but with MFP it can be done. I wish you luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Protein, protein, protein, will keep the hunger at bay. Also as time goes on your body will adjust to the healthier eating. Your stomach will shrink without the excess food, to a normal size and you will be less hungry. Spread out your foods so you are not eating it all too soon and leave calories for snacks.

I eat fruit, sugar free jello, nuts, yogurt, homemade kale chips, popcorn, and grilled cheese on an 80 calorie tortilla with weight watchers cheese. ONLY If I the numbers work out. If I am at my limit or already over....I have tea or coffee. It is OK to be hungry if you are over or at your your limit.
  • kelmo6812
    kelmo6812 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would switch out the Special K bars with "Eat Good Look Great Pure Protein Bars"- Still 200 calories but you get 20 grams of protein, 0 trans fat and 2 grams of sugar. Drink with water and I'm full for a while.
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    i have a mixture of meals myself and eat regularly throughout the day....

Veg Protein and a bit of carbs followed by water wil keep hunger at bay... also keeping your mind occuppied helps you fro staying away from that mean chocolate bar!
  • jenniferjoy75
    Options
    Hello!! I just joined also and I'm excited to find a great community to help me through. I'm taking the "baby steps" approach to weight loss this time. First thing I did was trade soda for water, then today I had a salad with veggies & cottage cheese for lunch instead of fast food. In the past I've gone in all or nothing and ended up feeling so deprived and frustrated and quit. I'm trying to avoid that this time.

What are some good sources of protein? Also, does anyone eat nutella? I LOVE the stuff, but is it "bad" for you?