How did I get to be this big?

Options
2»

Replies

• adam4life
    Options
    I did because of boredom and depression. Sitting in my room all day (like 16 hours playing video games and eating pizza and drinking soda doesn't turn into a good life. It got to a point where I was obese because I enjoyed eating soooo much. We see it funny from Austin Powers but it really is the truth when Fat *kitten* says "I eat because i'm unhappy and i'm unhappy because I eat". It gets to be a huge loop and you get stuck in it. With hard work we can all find the willpower to break the loop and set ourselves free.
  • SherriH69
    Options
    Low self esteem, a lifelong love of anything sweet and Hashimoto's Thyroid Disease. Now I've had my thyroid removed, quit drinking ALL sodas and I'm doing better.
  • Thorntonbattles
    Thorntonbattles Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I got this big by eating fast foods and fried foods and no exercising.
  • BettyyRoss
    BettyyRoss Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't consider myself big. I consider myself unhealthy. I love eating junk food, I love all kinds of fried foods and can't seen to stay away from them.
  • angelheart93
    Options
    Depression, which I'm still stuggling with.
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I was already a little overweight and I quit smoking a little over a year ago. Gained 30 pounds almost instantly and really hadn't changed anything about my diet or lifestyle. (which is pretty sedentary) The kids are now grown and the hubby works most nights so I am home alone and bored out of my mind. That leads to a lot of sitting on my booty watching tv, playing around on the computer, reading my kindle and....... eating late snacks!
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Don't stress and obsess over how you got that big....what's done is done...you can't change the past but you CAN control the future. Look forward not behind...you can do it!!!!

^this: Love this comment and I do agree, however I would like to just add that for me, in order to NOT EVER go back to being considered obese/heavy/overweight, I do want to know the why's and how's... if you think about it, the only way we are all going to be able to make that 360 degree lifestyle change and think differently is to find out what not to do again later. If we don't change, who says it can't happen again? It may be more obvious to some but I know for one that if I acted like this is just another one of my new diet/exercise plans (like the last 10 times), I may end up gaining it all back again and revert back to my old ways. So in a way we do need to know a little bit about the past so we can move on forward and definitely take control of our futures... we can all do it and KEEP it off!! So, yes I agree - don't dwell on it but use it as a learning experience and gain an education from it instead! Rock on!! :flowerforyou:
  • sexyrosey
    sexyrosey Posts: 137
    Options
    Depression and not knowing how valuable I really am.
  • Hotmess2012
    Options
    Me, myself and I are to blaim, plain and simple!