very slow weight loss... please help

Options
Im trying super hard! ive changed my diet completly and im just not seeing hardly ANY results.. im not sure what im doing wrong? my typical day consists of breakfast smoothie packed with tons of fruit, then an hour at the gym 35-45 min cardio then weights and circut training then i drink a myoplex protein shake, after that for a snack ill do some yogurt or nuts, also lots of water through the day then dinner ill do either brown rice 3oz of grilled chicken or whatever falls into that healthy low carb area. Any ideas why i have been doing this since Jan 1st and ive maybe lost 2 pounds? im getting very upset about it and about ready to throw in the towel please help!!!!

Stephanie

Replies

• fearless_alice13
    Options
    Don't give up! It is very possible you are having a slow weight loss, and you are not seeing the results. It is more likely your body are building muscle. Do you feel thinner, more energy, and toner? If so, use this as your motivation to keep going!

“It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends to notice, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice. Give it 12 weeks. Don’t QUIT!”

May this article encourage you!
    http://www.muscleandfitnesshers.com/blogs/felicia-romero/dont-quit
  • Zarebeth
    Zarebeth Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    First of all, how much are you trying to lose? The lower your goal loss is the slower going it will be, even at first.

Are you logging your food, just to be sure there aren't hidden calories in what you are eating?

Lastly, have you been to a doctor to see if you have any issues that might keep you from losing weight? If you are in this forum you have a lot to lose, and definitely should see a doctor to make sure you don't.
  • leahhelene
    leahhelene Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Some of us just lose MUCH more slowly than others. I am on week 7, and thank god I have a scale that weighs in increments of a tenth of a pound. I have now lost 6/10 of a pound. I am at a net of 1200 calorie per day and I walk four times a week.

If you have not read the article called "obesity at 700 calories a day" you should. This is where I found my answers, and frankly I gained 4 pounds the first three weeks when I began eating my recommended calories rather than the way I was starving myself and getting fat over the years. My daily food intake was very similar to yours, plus I was skipping meals. I never snack, do not like sweets, drink nothing but water, and cook almost all meals at home.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

The most important thing this article says is DO NOT GIVE UP! If you have been under eating, you are going to have to train your body to burn calories by eating again.

I know it is frustrating, and very annoying to hear from folks who have "only lost 2 pounds per week". Believe me, I know just where you are coming from. Just keep in mind that we do not know what we will in 20 years, and when the time comes everyone will understand that it is not about the food.
  • SherriH69
    Options
    Even at "only 2 lbs a week" that's...

8 pounds a month
    48 pounds in 6 months
    96 pounds in a year

Don't give up. You didn't gain it overnight either.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

BINGO!
  • Angelam_02
    Angelam_02 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad..I cant seem to loose either..my scale is exactly the same..but don't give up =)
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Dont give up.. Slow weighloss is better than gaining or no weightloss.. Make sure you are eating enough to full your body as well, if you dont eat enough your body goes into starvation mode and stores everything.. Keep it up.. You will start seeing changes soon.. Take your measurements and pictures as well..
  • pixidst73
    pixidst73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Make sure you have a cheerleader! My Doctor is mine. I only lost 2 pounds this week, but he said that is average. Also make sure you get equal fat, protien, and carbs per day! It has really been helping me !
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Make sure you have a cheerleader! My Doctor is mine. I only lost 2 pounds this week, but he said that is average. Also make sure you get equal fat, protien, and carbs per day! It has really been helping me !

not to hijack the thread but I wouldnt agree with getting equal amount of fat, protein and carbs.
  • oatmeal86
    Options
    well im 5'11 and i weigh 175 i would really like to loose 20-25 for health reasons.
  • oatmeal86
    Options
    thank you everyone for the positive feed back! ill keep trucking through this Non weight lose period and hope that it starts melting off soon :)
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I changed my diary to read the sugar intake i'm taking (which stores fat) and no wonder i'm not losing. My sugar is way over the norm!! I'm not a diabetic, but cant excercise due to a surgery late fall. Once I can start exercising, I'm hoping my weight loss will start happening.

Good lucK!
  • leahhelene
    Options
    2/10 of a pound is a bit more frustrating.
  • leahhelene
    Options
    Even at "only 2 lbs a week" that's...

8 pounds a month
    48 pounds in 6 months
    96 pounds in a year

Yes, but for those of us losing 10th of a pound, it can be a bit more fustrating. 20 pounds took me 1 year to lose.
  • saikanathan
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you are. Been exercising and eating right but have only lost about 2lbs. Let's chat and see what we can do different :) Hope to be your friend.
  • wellintothefuture
    Options
    maybe you dont need to lose weight . How do your clothes feel. You must be getting super toned by now . Hey don't rely on the what the scale says so much . Another thing you could do is circuit training . Your muscles have to be sore by the time you end your workout. Or change it up at bit and make sure its challenging enough. Or last resort ask a personal trainer what he/she would do to pump up your workout. Just thoughts .Good luck !
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    well im 5'11 and i weigh 175 i would really like to loose 20-25 for health reasons.

I'm 5'10 and the top of my healthy BMI range is 174....Being 5'11 the top of your range is probably around 180. SInce you are already in the healthy range weight will probably come off really slowly. The heavier you are the quicker you lose weight.,
  • MechanicalKid1
    Options
    Don't pay too much attention to the scale!!
    Muscle ways more than fat.
    You've been working out a lot and those protein shakes are probably helping you build muscle.
    Just pay attention to how your clothes are fitting.
    The scales stopped moving for me too at one point.
    But right now, as I'm typing this... I'm wearing pants that I haven't been able to fit in for two years.
    And guess what else?
    They're fresh out of the dryer!! (:
    DO NOT give up!!
    If you're doing all that you need to do, regardless of what the scale says, you'll get to wear you want to be.
  • Kendrawinn
    Options
    You are not alone.... I have not lost anything either. But dropping inches all over and can run 3 miles no prob. So I learned to ignore my scale and focus on those size 4 skinny jeans in the closet :-P
  • kesteele
    kesteele Posts: 127
    Options
    Hi I have a very slow loss too I've been going since January 1st and have lost 0.7lbs or less each week....total I've lost 1.4lbs....it didn't take a couple weeks to put it on so It's going to take more than a couple of weeks to get it off.