Sit Ups and Push Ups

Terasome
Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
Help me I cant do Push ups either way, my wrists are too weak.

I am learning slowly to do crunches but I cant do the situps at the moment either.

Would a fitball be of benefit to help me? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Replies

• sexyshel17
    sexyshel17 Posts: 9 Member
    Have you tried doing push ups against a wall? Sometimes that helps. And you don't have to do a full sit up. Do crunches. Also there is other things that you can do to work your core besides crunches. Balls are helpful. Planking is a great way to work your whole core. Look up various ways of working you core without doing crunches if you can't do them at this time.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Is there any why possible you can afford one session with a trainer to work with you to teach you how to do exercises?
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Do pushups against a wall or on a chair (make sure the chair is up against the wall for support) and work your way up to full pushups.
  • Terasome
    Is there any why possible you can afford one session with a trainer to work with you to teach you how to do exercises?

This is a great suggestion. After having 4 kids I have absolutely no stomach muscles. ( I probably do but they have separated quite a lot and been cut twice) So I need to build them up.

Push ups on the wall or chair is probably achievable I think. Will definitely try that. :smile:

Thanks
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member

This is a great suggestion. After having 4 kids I have absolutely no stomach muscles. ( I probably do but they have separated quite a lot and been cut twice) So I need to build them up.

Push ups on the wall or chair is probably achievable I think. Will definitely try that. :smile:

Thanks

Its good because if we are doing the exercises wrong, we can injure ourselves.

Good luck, you will not regret embarking on this journey. :)
  • Terasome
    slow and steady wins the race hey!!
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    You have to build up your strength over time. I've been doing push ups (well, what I though were push ups) for about 6 months now. I started with the "girl ones" while on my knees. Through strength training 3 times per week with a trainer over 4 months, I was able to progress to a more correct form. I finally started doing "real" push ups last week. Which is funny because, even when I was an athlete and did them, I generally felt the strain in my triceps, back, and abs. Apparently, you are supposed to feel it in your chest and biceps. Who knew??

Good luck on your training!