slightly over calories...

Options
I went slightly over my calories for the day today - only by like 22 calories. This is going to sound dumb, but will that stop me losing weight or will the fact that I was about 100 under yesterday balance that out? This makes me feel really stupid, but I really haven't a clue when it comes to weight loss!!

Replies

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    nope, don't worry about it :-D
  • apple2k
    apple2k Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's not stupid.....I have thought the same myself!:tongue:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    No it want effect your weight loss not in less you ate 3500 calories which equals 1 pound:laugh: , But seriously it want It happens to me sometimes I try to work it back off and sometimes I dont *shrugs*:smile:
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    Think of it this way. If you over eat today it won't show up on the scale for 2 days. It takes 2 days for any weight loss or gain to show up on the scale. I cycle my cals. every week. Sometimes I eat my cals without eating my excercise cals. and sometimes I will eat all of my cals and excercise cals. I keep my body guessing. I guess it is working.
    Don't worry to much about going over, unless you start to go over on your cals everyday.
    Good luck
  • io_ragazza
    io_ragazza Posts: 23
    Options
    thanks all... and i guess 22 cals is nothing anyway!
  • tlussier
    tlussier Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Look at it this way~if you are set up to loose a pound a week then you have a 500 calorie deficit for each day (equalling up to 3500 cals a week, which is one pound). So 22 cals is really nothing in the grand scheme of things (AND being under by 100 yesterday makes it so you are really adding and extra 78 calorie deficit to your week :happy: ). You'll be fine if you can just keep close to your daily cals!! Keep up the good work and it'll pay off!!
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    you could walk to the end of the block and back and then log it and it'll get rid of those calories
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, DON'T stick to the same number of calories each day!! One day go 100 over, the next go 100 under, keep your body guessing and AVERAGE it out to the goal number each week. If you stay exactly at your "perfect" number every day, your body will adjust to it and you'll hit a plateau... you don't want that!