Posture?

Options
Can improving your posture help you lose weight? I'm realizing my posture is pretty terrible when I'm sitting at my desk. Probably 10x worse when I'm driving. And probably even worse at home. I plan to fix it either way but I'm just wondering if there will be any benefits for health/weight loss?

Replies

• lulabox
    lulabox Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You'll look hotter :D You will probably have better core stability and look slimmer (standing up straight makes you look taller than hunching forward). It will also make exercising correctly and without injury easier.

In terms of losing weight, probably not, but for health and fitness it's a very important thing. It's also important to have correct posture for when we're old and frail. I am trying to improve mine also.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Posture really has nothing to do with weight loss, however, strength training can help improve posture. Also, weight loss can also help improve posture, since you don't have extra weight stressing your structure.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Posture really has nothing to do with weight loss, however, strength training can help improve posture. Also, weight loss can also help improve posture, since you don't have extra weight stressing your structure.

I never thought of it that way. Thanks!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    You'll look slimmer, better, and be in alignment. Your joints and body will thank you. :wink:
  • guccigirlxx
    Options
    I think so because your letting your organs stay in the right position they were ment to be; slouching over and crushing your organs cant be good for digestion, right? :)