tone arms..?

lilelephant
lilelephant Posts: 55
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
what type of excercises work best for toning arms....im not looking to have big muscles just lean tone arms..

Replies

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    push ups :-D Arm curls. Oooo you should do the 30 day shred, lots of arm exercises in that :-D
  • msamson31
    msamson31 Posts: 45
    I bought some resistance bands at Target. I think I paid 15 bucks for them. Love them and my arms are definitely starting to see results. I believe there are 10 exercises along with the bands.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    push ups :-D Arm curls. Oooo you should do the 30 day shred, lots of arm exercises in that :-D

I'm with ya on that... the 30 Day Shred does have lots of arm exercises. I'm really starting to notice definition.
  • where can i get the 30 day shred? u got it at target right? do you need to buy any equipment with it? I have a resistance band just dont have any idea how to do the workouts with it...lol
    im scared of getting my butt kicked with the 30 day shred! :tongue: What type of results are you supposed to get after 30 days of doing it?
  • swimming... do the front frog... really works your tries.. and just do like 2 at a time and try to do 10 in all..

http://www.prevention.com/cda/categorypage.do?channel=fitness&category=body.by.design&topic=arm.exercises
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    where can i get the 30 day shred? u got it at target right? do you need to buy any equipment with it? I have a resistance band just dont have any idea how to do the workouts with it...lol
    im scared of getting my butt kicked with the 30 day shred! :tongue: What type of results are you supposed to get after 30 days of doing it?

You should be able to buy it pretty much anywhere... Target, Amazon, etc. I just play it off YouTube everyday. You do need a set of dumbells. I'd suggest getting 5 lb weights. If that's too much to start with you can use soup cans, water bottles, etc to make your own lighter weights for lifting. It's definitely tough, but I'm finding it very rewarding and worth the pain :wink:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    I have some resistance bands to I got my also at targets for about $13 bucks and I have dumbells two sets 3lbs and the other sets 5lbs.
  • cathiern
    cathiern Posts: 6
    to tone arm's, legs, waist, hips---- the whole body-- try water aerobics, it has to be the best fitness program ever. Yes there are some little ol' gray haired ladies in the class (me included) but the young ones get a workout too! Especially if taught by someone who does cardio for the first half of the class and firming and toning for the latter half. Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.