1 year later and maintaining my goal weight (55kg) - Before/

Options
My first year anniversary with MFP is coming up in March but I really should have posted my story by November last year - it took me about 8 months to lose 15kg and drop down to my goal weight. Faster than my mind could adapt really!

Before (5' 3", 70kg)
6762780597_91bb995c12.jpg
Jan 2011 by CassandraSews, on Flickr

Now (5' 3", 54kg)
6762780347_f03a0cea43.jpg
Jan 2012 by CassandraSews, on Flickr

Can you believe that that white singlet is too lose around my waist?!

I'd always been overweight, all through my teens and 20s and never dieted but I was quite healthy and worked out at the gym regularly for years. I just never really watched what I ate. But I wasn't particular upset with my body - I think because I didn't have any Skinny Cassandra memories to compare it to!

MFP is my first diet and it has changed how I feel about food. I don't feel guilty about indulging and eating "naughty" foods like cake anymore - I only feel guilty when I eat too much of anything or I start wandering to the pantry to get a snack /slap-over-the-wrist.

Weight Loss Progress Over 1 Year
6762886193_48c641b199.jpg
Weight loss report over 1 year by CassandraSews, on Flickr

I have some NSV to share too:
Wore an Australian size 14 before, now Australian size 8 for tops and dresses and a 6 for pants.
Wore a UK bra size of 34G before, now 30FF/28G (that's a huge difference!) in Australian sizes that's a 12G to 8FF/6G.
In sewing patterns like Vogue I've gone from cutting a size 16 to cutting a size 10.
In modern sewing patterns like Colette I now cut a size 2.

I could run for 10 minutes at a time before.
I can run for an hour now and my furthest running distance is 9k without pause!
I still exercise regularly (that hasn't changed before/after MFP)

A new friend that I met through work said to me "oh but you're naturally skinny... you wouldn't understand..."
Naturally skinny?!! Don't worry I set them straight right away! I get "little lady" comments quite a bit at work and my friends who have known me before and after have surprised me with "you're so ... small! you look great!". So I guess it's the weight and height comment!
Men are more likely to let me get on trains and buses first (quite gentlemanly I think!). But otherwise I don't find people treat me any differently before and after weight loss.

Friends have started diets and stopped while I kept going.
Loved ones have been motivated to watch what they eat and start exercising more. My sister is on MFP and already seeing great results!

When I look at my Before photo I just wish I had taken the step and done this sooner. Please don't wait like I did, be honest with your diary and be strong and you will see great results too!

Replies

• Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Good job but I can't see the pictures
  • Blugal1
    Blugal1 Posts: 92
    Options
    Great work, you look terrific. Also younger. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • CassandraD82
    CassandraD82 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Sorry about that - read someone else's post and they used html to put in images... didn't realise this forum required BBCode to work. Fixed!
  • Determined24
    Determined24 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Your before and after pictures are amazing.......You have helped me to keep it up and not give up....
  • philly1980
    philly1980 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Fantastic success - you inspire me daily :)
  • imjessly
    imjessly Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I want your legs! haha you look HOT!
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I can see a huge difference between before and after. You did a fantastic job. Good for you.
  • thesameas
    thesameas Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This is super inspiring, I can't believe what a difference a year makes! Thank you for posting this, makes me feel like I can achieve my goal :D
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me that this is all possible!
  • zlem
    zlem Posts: 92
    Options
    wow amazing results, well done!
  • CassandraD82
    Options
    I want your legs! haha you look HOT!
    Thanks! You should see me dressed up in heels!
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    What an incredible transformation! You look great!
  • Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    remarkable!
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    you look amazing congratsss!! really inspirational
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! It !ard to lose it, but its even harder to keep it off. Awesome!
  • nazashi
    nazashi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You'rereally an inspiration! I'm now at 70 kg and my goal weight is close to your current weight. Seeing you now have made me more determine to put in the commitment and hard work.Good job,you look fab!
  • CassandraD82
    Options
    You'rereally an inspiration! I'm now at 70 kg and my goal weight is close to your current weight. Seeing you now have made me more determine to put in the commitment and hard work.Good job,you look fab!

It's achievable and I saw a huge change within the first 3-4 months. I had days where I over ate and days when I sat watching TV instead of exercising. You just have to wake up ready to put the past in the past and try again!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful. That's a great accomplishment.
  • Jayney10
    Options
    Well done you are a true inspiration - you look wonderful!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!