Does anyone feel sick after excercising

Options
I don't know about you guys, but have you ever felt like sick to your stomach after working out??
I get like that after I run on the treadmil or get on the elliptical.

Replies

• HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Yep, sometimes, means you worked out really hard! Good job. You will find it less as your fitness levels increase.
  • KatelynnMDuggan
    KatelynnMDuggan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I tend to feel sick when I go on long runs.
    it makes me worried because I am starting training for a half marathon next week and it seems the longer the runs are the more upset my tummy is by the end. there have been times i have to stop my runs.
  • cba4994
    cba4994 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are pushing yourself a bit too hard. I would back down a bit before you injury yourself. You want to sweat and get your heart rate up but if you are to the point that you feel ill, your body is trying to tell you that you are overdoing it.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Could be what you're eating (or not) before your workout and/or the amount you eat. Also, make sureyoue hydrated.
  • JCasey1182
    JCasey1182 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I actually trained for a half marathon a few years ago and I would get terrible lower abdominal cramps when I ran. They just told me that something I am eating before the run is upsetting my stomach and that I have to find what works for me. I started eating a Luna bar 30 mins before a run and it worked. Try different things.
  • gloriangelly
    Options
    Well when i work out, its right after i get off from work and theres like a 4 hour period between when i last ate and when im working out.
  • crazybeautifulkittie
    Options
    try small snack like banana or protien bar right before you work out then. And remember some pain is good. Just not too much.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    A protein bar or shake 60 to 90 minutes prior to the gym should help that.