Upping Calories

Options
Hi everyone. So, Im going to try upping my calorie intake every day for a little while to see if this helps me loose some more weight. I am going to go from 1200 to 1700-1800 a day.

My problem is, I have a hard time eating my 1200 now as it is (eating GOOD food), so I have NO idea how to go about getting 500-600 more calories in a day, without eating "crap".

So, my question to you all is, what are some good foods that I can incorporate into my diet to help with the calorie boost, that wont bust my carbs and fat?

NOTE: I do not eat much/any seafood other than tuna.

Thanks so much! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'd go for building in snacks - peanut butter with an apple (around 150), a handful of cashews, a banana (80 something), an egg, (around 70.)
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I recommend adding some lean protien to each time you eat. I looked over your dairy and saw a day that you ate salad for lunch and you could easily add grilled chicken :wink: Also agree with LisaSmuts that you could build up on your snackes.

FYI: Jamie Eason's LiveFit has a recipe section with some meal ideas and protien bars (homemade) that would really help you out!

ETA- I am personally working on adding the protien to eat meal/snack to help with the lifting and getting "good" calories in :wink:
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I just had natural peanut butter & half a banana on multigrain flatout bread (kinda like a wrap) it was really good!
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I've just started trying to up mine to 1560ish this week. It is tough! what I have found helpful is nuts and nut butters also avocado added to salads etc. Instead of having one ounce of low fat cheese with lunch I'll have two. Black beans are another good source for additional calories, I like them added to an omelet or on a salad. Plain Greek yogurt is another good option (so FULL of protein!) add chopped up fruit and or nuts and/or vanilla extract with a small drizzle of honey- so good, like a healthy dessert!
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    I've never tried Greek Yogurt before - But perhaps I will give it a shot!
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary, but if you're opting for the low/non fat options, go for the whole ones.
    Often less chemicals and it'll bump up your intake without even trying
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    I can't see your diary, but if you're opting for the low/non fat options, go for the whole ones.
    Often less chemicals and it'll bump up your intake without even trying

Oops! Diary is now open!
  • simplebeauty
    simplebeauty Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Eat MORE of your good foods...add pre-cooked chicken to your salads...I have just started using Hummus on my bread (I use Weight Watchers whole grain breads) instead of butter/mayo

Take a look to see how much sugar you are eating...I saw that you had a specialty coffee(?) and an "energy bar" (sometimes those have just as much sugar as a candy bar!)

A good idea is to keep it natural and raw...the less processed the better...and it's the best if you can make it yourself!
    Go to sparkpeople.com and sign up (it's free too) and they can pre-set a menu for you depending on the calorie amount...this will give you a good idea as to what you need (amount wise)...I wish this site had this option...I use this one to track my food and exercise and sparkpeople to get recipe ideas and such..

I think that you think the MORE you eat, the less you'll lose weight wise, but it's actually the other way around...keep your metabolism running by eating 5-6 small meals...I try to eat every 2 hours that I'm up and then try not to eat after a certain time at night, but I NEVER deprave myself either...when I do deprave myself I tend to go overboard with whatever it is I'm craving.