Week two let down?

Options
Hello all,

I've been here on MFP for two weeks or so. I started at the same time I joined a weight loss competition at my work. I started at 5'11", 235.8, and lost 9.8 pounds in my first 10 days or so. Then in my next 7 days I held steady with no loss, I didnt go over my calorie goal once, and kept my workout the same. Is this normal? The nurse said sometimes this happens, and sometimes the weight loss happens every other week. Does anyone around here have an experience like this?

Thanks everyone....your pics and info on the board are inspirational.

Replies

• pirateDeb
    pirateDeb Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The first 10 lbs are the easiest. After that, you will loose slower (1-2 lbs per week) If you want to keep things moving and not plateau, you need to mix it up a bit. Keep your calorie goal in mind, but make sure you dont eat the same things all the time. Mix up your exercise as well, mix up your cardio type, for example... Walking, running, elliptical, stairs, biking, dancing, tae bo, it will reduce your plateau
  • bigplayclay34
    bigplayclay34 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had any success with calorie cycling? I've read about keeping the same number of weekly calories but distributing them unevenly to keep your metabolism guessing. Thoughts?
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You've lost 10 lbs in 17 days. That's almost 5lbs a week which is a lot to lose. Don't get frustrated, your body is balancing out and will probably slow down to 1-2 lbs a week now. Just keep up the good work!!!
  • JennyAnn35
    Options
    Have you ever seen the biggest loser? They always talk about the dreaded week 2 weigh in! That first week you lose all your water weight and your body has not had a chance to adjust to the fewer calories being taken in. By week 2 your body has adjusted, slowing weight loss to a more healthy amount. We all have weeks with no weight loss, that is totally normal. Just don't let it get you down, and keep working at it!!! The weight will come off. Now if you go 3 or 4 weeks with no loss, than you need to look back at what you are doing and see if calories are sneaking in somewhere.

15852571.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • KimBee45
    Options
    Yes, my week 3 was a half pound gain, but was also on monthly cycle, which I understand is normal. Also normal to plateau I've heard. We will see what the end of week 4 brings, but I'm not stressing about it. Just keep on keeping on, and the results will happen. I switch up my workouts too, so that I don't get bored. Found that there are several dvd's that are very affordable too, so switching up is easy. We shall see how it goes, but I feel good just knowing I'm eating less and exercising more regardless. Hang in there!
  • perfectionsux
    Options
    I don't weigh myself weekly, maybe i should. I do so monthly ...

my first month was 10 lbs
    my second month was 3 lbs... it was horrid but then i realized it was december and its a bad food month. Our bodies lose weight at different speeds each month it seems...

DON'T LET WEEK TWO GET YOU DOWN.... just change everything up. Don't get stuck in the same routine
  • Lady_Lamb
    Lady_Lamb Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My first week, I lost 8lbs. Then the second week, I lost nothing! Now I am losing about 2lbs per week. Just keep going.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    i'm doing a weight loss challenge with a friend, we weigh in every 2 weeks. I am greatful for this cuz i often find that I don't notice a budge on the scale til day 10-14. after my last weigh in I got really serious (had to lose some xmas weight) and didn't see a change until about 11 days later, when I weighed in I was down 3.5 lbs and 6 inches (from all over)! so don't worry about it if you don't see anything changing after just one week. keep at it! (and if you're not already, take measurements!!)
  • bigplayclay34
    bigplayclay34 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow....thanks everyone. It's good to know that I'm not the only one. I just had high hopes after the first weigh-in and I probably got a little ahead of myself. I'm going to keep working hard. I am going to try and drink more water though as I don't drink very much right now.

Thanks for the replies fellow life changers....it means a lot.