Dairy-free creamy pasta

Options
lilRicki
lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
15-minute creamy avocado pasta

Creamy, thick, and rich with lots of garlic flavour and a hint of lemon. The avocado works wonderfully in this recipe to create a sauce so creamy you'll think there is cream hiding in there.

Yield: 2 servings

Ingredients:
• 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted
• 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1/4 cup fresh basil, packed
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4-1/2 tsp kosher salt, to taste
• 2 servings of pasta
• Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Directions:
1. Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook about 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth and scrape down sides of the bowl. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy. You can add a touch of water or oil if necessary.
3. When pasta is cooked, drain in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately.
Please note: This sauce does not reheat well due to the avocado. Please serve immediately.

Replies

• iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    sweet, i so need to try this...
  • JodyPellissey
    Options
    LOVE avocados ... sounds yummy!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    this sounds delicious!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I've used avocado to make creamy dairy-free salad dressings, never occurred to me to use it like a pasta sauce.
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious!!!
  • Piperette
    Piperette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Piperette
    Piperette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see a pic of this dish if anyone has one...
  • pserran
    Options
    This sound delicious I am making this tomorrow with baked catfish for tomorrow's family dinner. I 'll let you know how it goes :0)
  • laeylyn
    laeylyn Posts: 15
    Options
    sounds amazing!! Thank's for sharing =)
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    all i did was make egg noodles, and diced up avacado really fine and threw some garlic powder in...tada, avacado noodles lol I don't like the lemon in it, and i didn't want to increase the sodium. It was shockingly good