Medifast

Options
I have been thinking about starting the medifast diet and I wanted to see how many people in MFP has had success on it and what their thoughts were on it.
If you have before and after pictures I would love to see them. That is always great motivation :)

Replies

• blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It's just a starvation diet. Once you start eating real food again you will gain what you lost.
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    It's just a starvation diet. Once you start eating real food again you will gain what you lost.

First have u been on the diet to say this if so did u follow the transition plan etc....and u don't starve on the diet...I have been on 5 months and I eat very well;) and get all of the nutrition that my body requires...also Trish there is a group on MFP called Medifast Losers where u can speak directly to people who have been and are on the program...as this is the best advice I think to get it straight from the horses mouth!!;) Also their is a Medifast FB page u can go to ask questions and get insight as well;) I know plenty of people who have maintained their loss on Medifast and eat reg food like anyone else on Medifast u r taught how ans what to eat its more than just the diet its a journey to Optimal Health...and u learn to change your habits that got u to your unhealthy state in the first place...do yourself a solid and get all the facts.from those who have actually done the program and actually gave it 100% and followed the plan 100%...
  • varnerific
    varnerific Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    amuchison is right. If you'd like to come chat with us over at Medifast Losers, here's the link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/723-medifast-losers-

I've had great success on Medifast and it is definitely not just a "starvation" diet. You get 100% + of all of your required vitamins and nutrients.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I didn't do medifast, but I did do Optifast. Started it a little over a year ago. We did it for 6 months I lost about 120 lbs on it and the last 6 months did it basically on my own and have lost 66 lbs.