Hello from Ontario, Canada

Options
Hi all, I am a 54 year old female that really, really, really needs to lose weight. I have been blaming my hysterectomy in July for all of my weight gain but I know that is not the case. My weight gain really started last Valentine's day (chocolate), Easter (chocolate), holloween (chocolate), Christmas (chocolate)!!! I have now declared myself allergic to chocolate.

A colleague told me about this site and everything she said is true. This is a great site and I look forward to sharing my goals with you all.

Replies

• Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi, nice to see you are making a change and I wish you good luck (this site really does work)

I have sent a friend request for support
  • melissalangelage
    Options
    Hello Ontario Canada! I live in Sydney Australia but was born in and grew up in Ontario. I miss it!!!

Don't be so down on yourself, chocolate is such an amazing pleasure and should actually be encouraged!!! Try dark chocolate and smaller bars of more luxurious brands like Lindt and Green & Blacks Organic... :-P

Good luck, you've come to the right place and you've already made step one which is the biggest and hardest so GO YOU :)
  • tiffanyschroeder
    Options
    HELLO, I TOO AM FROM ONTARIO, CANADA. I HAVE BEEN DOING THE FITNESS PAL FOR A COUPLE MONTHS NOW BUT HAVE SLACKED OVER CHRISTMAS. I NEED MOTIVATION TOO. HOW DO YOU ADD FRIENDS ON HERE?
  • mstormth
    mstormth Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am in Ontario Canada as well....

I have 40-50 more to loose and struggling to get it off... could use friends and motivation as well...
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm from Ontario, Canada as well. I'm looking to lose another 16 lbs, add me if you like! And I wish you the best with your new journey.
  • STurbs33
    STurbs33 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm from Ontario too! I just started and wouldn't mind some friends and motivation myself. Good Luck!
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Saw your introduction post and it sounds like you need some support! You'll find that logging your food and exercise along with making new friends who are motivated to lose just like you is an incredible resource. Welcome to MFP!
    Ruth
  • Lynnie2222
    Options
    I'm from Ontario, Canada as well. Ottawa to be precise. I joined 2 days ago and love it here. It's really motivational. I've lost 6 pounds on my own since the New Year until a frined told me about this site. I decided to join while tackling my last 10 pounds of my goal. :happy:
  • CaraLanglois
    CaraLanglois Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm from Ontari-ari-ari-o too:) I just joined a few days ago. I am so happy to have found MFP! I've just started reading the message boards - amazing inspiration and information. Good luck on your journey!
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Ontario here as well. Feel free to add me for support!
  • Drethis
    Options
    Fellow Canadian here, reporting for duty! Welcome aboard, soldier!

Add me if you like, I enjoy supporting others in this long but rewarding journey! :)
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    welcome abroad :) I am frm Toronto and joined here abt 2 weeks ago . Its a great place with wonderful support. You can add me as friend if you would like.
  • inchestopinch
    inchestopinch Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Another Ontario resident right here! :) Northern Ontario if anybody else is!
    Best of luck to everyone and their healthy life journey.

If you'd like to add me, go right ahead!! :flowerforyou: