Eating well for the Super Bowl

Options
ANy ideas of healthy ways to attack the super bowl snacks? Wings, Pizza, etc...PLEASE HELP. I love a football game but I love a hot wing too. LOL

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    You have a week and a half, seems like enough time to find the nutrition facts for hot wings.
  • Jessica121706
    Options
    if it is the kick you like put some chili powder on popcorn
  • lorjill
    lorjill Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My kids love to have a "snacky" dinner for Super Bowl. I've already started rounding up recipes from Skinnytaste.com, and Food Network. I looked at Hungry Girl as well, but her stuff doesn't appeal to me.
  • careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this for the Super Bowl. It looks wonderful. If you are going to someone's house, maybe bring this instead and still get your hot wing fix. :smile:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/lighter-buffalo-chicken-dip.html
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    popcorn, sweet potato chips, or pork rinds, edited to add veggies and dip
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    My Patriots are playing and hubby already told me that this WILL be my cheat day. He wants me to just sit back and enjoy myself without counting cals for the day. :laugh:
  • lacygibson86
    lacygibson86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I looked through my hungry girl under 300 calorie cookbook and found a few recipes! Sweet turkey meatballs, buffalo wing Mac n cheese and a BLT pizza. Then I found a healthier dip recipe on skinnytaste.com. We are having a party and I'm not telling anyone that the food is healthy!
  • Kaylyn07
    Kaylyn07 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Soooooo what about beer? Cuz I'm getting trashed on Superbowl Sunday >_>
  • moniqueb39
    moniqueb39 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know the facts but Im looking for alternatives.. Just asking
  • moniqueb39
    moniqueb39 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    i was going to post this!! what is everyone doing for superbowl snacks that are healthy!? that taste good for the non healthy eaters too shhhh we don't tell them!
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    saved it!! looks yummy
    I am going to try this for the Super Bowl. It looks wonderful. If you are going to someone's house, maybe bring this instead and still get your hot wing fix. :smile:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/lighter-buffalo-chicken-dip.html
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Guilt Free Creamy spinach artichoke dip:
    1 can artichoke hearts in water
    3 cups raw spinach
    1/3 cut low fat mayo
    1/4 cup 1/3 fat cream cheese or Neufchatel
    1 tsp brown mustard
    1 Tbsp minced garlic
    1 tsp red pepper flakes (or to taste)

Put all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap, microwave for 4 minutes stirring 1/2 way through. 83 calories per 1/4 cup serving. Makes 6 servings. (i'm a huge fan of the really bad spinach artichoke dip and this is a very tasty substitution)