How about a movie review Monday?

Options
kimber607
kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
Hi all

I thought maybe we could try a movie review Monday
Add a review for a movie you saw over the weekend (rented or at the theatre)

I watched Revolutionary Road on Saturday (DVD/rented...gotta love red box)
I'm going to give it a B....didn't LOVE it....but, didn't completely dislike it
I like movies that make you think and are a little off base/different and can make you feel uncomfortable at times, and this fit the bill....also liked that it had lots of dialogue and not bells and whistles of explosions :tongue:

I have to say though (don't shoot me) that I don't get Kate and Leo as a couple...I didn't get it when they did Titanic and I don't get it now..I don't see/feel any real chemistry
I also didn't get the big hoopla over Kate's acting...I didn't buy her character, and found her performace fake...maybe because I knew she was an englsih acctress but I also thought her american accent at times was very forced, just not natural at all

Just my .02
Oh and if anyone saw the movie I have 2 questions, don't want to give too much detail...please PM me
1. why was the friend crying so hard on the bed (with her hubby)..I have a few theories
2. WTF with the ending...as in the last few secs?

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I saw the new Star Trek movie over the weekend. It was a fun sci-fi movie. I loved the special effects...and the acting was much better than the original series. The storyline had to do with time-travel which to me makes my mind run in circles so I try not to think about it too much. For me movies are a fun escape from realty which for me this movie achieved it. I think I will give it :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: !
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I saw Wolverine Origins, finally. I liked the consistency it had with the X-men movies and I loved the character of Dead Pool and looking forward to his spin-off (the guy with the swords coming out of his arms.) I didn't like the way Wolverine lost his memories. It seemed weak to me. Gambit was fun for the little bit you saw him and it was fun as a fangirl to see the White Queen and Cyclops as kids.

Overall I give it a A- since I thought the acting was well done as it needed to be and the story telling overall was consistent and the dialogue was fun.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I saw the hangover this weekend. It was a lot of fun. It was exactly the laugh riot promised although at 21 I was the oldest person in the theatre, so that was a little annoying. Over all very good movie.
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I saw Angels and Deamons this weekend. Good show, entertaining. I think I liked the book better but all in all I think you should go see it. Have a great day!
  • dogwdots
    dogwdots Posts: 146
    Options
    I saw Land of the Lost....funny if you like Will Ferrell - stupid if you don't. Have a couple drinks before you go see it!
  • frankborelli
    frankborelli Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I saw Night At The Museum II. It was entertaining but I felt they took the whole "museum comes to life" thing a bit far. If you stopped to think about what was going on there were lots of holes... but if you just enjoyed the entertainment, it was funny and full of energy. I'd recommend it if you liked the first one. On a scale of 1-5 I'd give it a....

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    We rented Lakeview terrace. I thought it was awesome!
  • Wolfy9797
    Wolfy9797 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The maze runner-different from the book but still AWESOME watched it yesterday.