Anyone lost weight with Zumba?

Options
Have you lost weight with Zumba? How long did it take for you to notice a physical change in your appearance? I just did my first Zumba workout via Youtube and I loved it!

Replies

• tatertotfishstick
    tatertotfishstick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    only had 3 sessions at the gym (high intensity) and lost 1.5 inches form chest and .5 in from waist... not bad. Figure it'll take awhile to see the scale move.

I didn't know it was on youtube!
  • skinnyjess15
    Options
    only had 3 sessions at the gym (high intensity) and lost 1.5 inches form chest and .5 in from waist... not bad. Figure it'll take awhile to see the scale move.

I didn't know it was on youtube!

Sure, just type in Zumba workouts and it'll bring up all sorts of videos. It was fun!
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I dont do it enough but when I do my hrm shows >1000 calories for one class! There's bound to be some good weight loss in there for that much of a burn...
  • LuluC13
    LuluC13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have officially measured in inches/pounds when I would do it three times a week but I just noticed that my pants were less snug around the waist after two weeks. I also wasn't trying to eat right at the time either now that I think about it! That probably would have made a bigger difference! But it is a great workout that will definitely increase your stamina especially the 45 min to 60 min sessions. Stick with it!
  • amberdc
    amberdc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think Zumba is a great workout. I have recently bought Zumba for my Wii and it is a GREAT workout. If I know I am going to have a busy day and might not make the gym I get up early and do Zumba on my Wii and in 45 minutes I burn over 600 calories! It is super fun too!!
  • jpfrimmer
    jpfrimmer Posts: 134
    Options
    I have been going to Zumba classes at my gym for the past 6 months. I usually go to 3 classes a week. In that time frame I have lost 20 lbs. and a lot of inches. Went from a a size 12 to a size 4. When I started working out I also changed my entire diet, so that helped with the weight loss as well. I use zumba for my main cardio, but I also lift weights 2-3 times a week. I highly recommend Zumba, it is super fun and a great workout!
  • Paxnyokes
    Paxnyokes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm convinced.
  • mommyRN0811
    mommyRN0811 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it twice a week for the last 2 months and haven't lost much weight but have lost inches around my waist!