Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Lower Abdominals?

Any one having troubles with their lower abs? I hear that that's one of the hardest places to strengthen, but I can't seem to find any work out that will help with my lower tummy. I've tried crunches, leg lifts, squats. Any suggestions would be great.

Replies

• bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    deadlifts, bicycles, planks
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    I wonder the same thing.. I've been told it's 85% diet, 10% ab work, 5% impossible.. I'll be tuning in for people's suggestions. :) Good question!

Cheers!
  • stephiisings
    stephiisings Posts: 22 Member
    I'm taking this supplement, that is supposed to keep me from storing fat specifically in that area. It's called D-Fine. So far I see no change there, but then again it's only week 2
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    I'm taking this supplement, that is supposed to keep me from storing fat specifically in that area. It's called D-Fine. So far I see no change there, but then again it's only week 2

Sorry, but there's no pill that can tell your body WHERE to store fat.
  • stephiisings
    stephiisings Posts: 22 Member
    Its not a pill, and okay maybe not specifically there but it does prevent your body from just storing fat.
  • Laying on your back and doing flutter kicks really kills your lower abs. It doesn't make fat do away though.
  • There's no such thing as lower abs...your abs are one big muscle...everytime you weight lift or run..etc.....you engage the core and make it stronger. Your diet is key to losing belly fat, then your workouts will help to improve the condition of the abs. I hit my abs directly, for a few minutes a coupe times a week...it's not necessary to go crazy, you use them as stabilizers for any activity you do...some of my favourite, floor wipers, spiderman, hanging leg raises, mountain climbers
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    I like doing reverse crunches on an incline bench, mountain climbers, planks, spiderman push-ups, things on a balance/yoga ball.

As others have suggested, your body stores fat in certain places and (unfortunately) for a lot of women it's around the mid-section. You can do all the core-strengthening exercises you want, but if you still have fat, those gorgeous abs are never going to see the light of day. I suggest you work on cardio, get the fat down, then really focus on toning those muscles up. You might be happier with the results (this is what I did for the first few months).

Best of luck!
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    bump
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

if i'm not mistaken, the ingredients are

- CLA
    - B vitamins
    - Hoodia
    - Green Tea
    - Caffiene
    - Synephrine
    - 8 grams of fiber

the price you're paying for that supp is ridiculously high for the ingredients it contains. And you know what helps you from storing fat in your abdominals? a caloric deficit
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member

if i'm not mistaken, the ingredients are

- CLA
    - B vitamins
    - Hoodia
    - Green Tea
    - Caffiene
    - Synephrine
    - 8 grams of fiber

the price you're paying for that supp is ridiculously high for the ingredients it contains. And you know what helps you from storing fat in your abdominals? a caloric deficit
    129018668938156038.jpg
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Are you trying to strengthen your abs or reveal them (remove fat from them)?
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    There's no such thing as lower abs...your abs are one big muscle

Yep this. Anyone who disagrees please do more research before you post bro-science.

If you want those last two abs to show eat less. move more. Also always stand with a bring light directly above your head (:
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    There's no such thing as lower abs...your abs are one big muscle...everytime you weight lift or run..etc.....you engage the core and make it stronger. Your diet is key to losing belly fat, then your workouts will help to improve the condition of the abs. I hit my abs directly, for a few minutes a coupe times a week...it's not necessary to go crazy, you use them as stabilizers for any activity you do...some of my favourite, floor wipers, spiderman, hanging leg raises, mountain climbers

^^^^^THIS^^^^^
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    not trying to be rude or anything, but you need to be at a pretty low weight in order to see ab definition. The abs are there, you just need to be pacient!
  • Planks, planks, planks, and more planks! It does wonders on the abs. Find different variations of the traditional planks to gain more strength!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Any one having troubles with their lower abs? I hear that that's one of the hardest places to strengthen, but I can't seem to find any work out that will help with my lower tummy. I've tried crunches, leg lifts, squats. Any suggestions would be great.

What are you looking for in terms of progress? Are you really talking about strength, or is it really muscle definition that you're after?
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    not trying to be rude or anything, but you need to be at a pretty low weight in order to see ab definition. The abs are there, you just need to be pacient!

Yep most women need to be around 15% to see ab definition.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Do exercises that work your transverse abdominals. Do a Google search to find good exercises.
  • duharvalgt
    duharvalgt Posts: 319 Member

i think it's more about bf% with lower abs.