Anybody else totally addicted to roasted seaweed?

Options
For a while now I've loved nibbling on those little dried sheets of nori, but haven't found them for a while until recently at Trader Joes, and given that a package of these is only 60 calories, and $0.99 I pretty much inhale them. Is it just me, or are these irresistible? SO DELICIOUS! :love:

seaweed21.jpg
roasted-seaweed-snack.jpg

Replies

• Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The only time I've had nori is when I've eaten sushi. Now I need to head to my closest grocery store and see if I can find these - that's a lot of food for only 60 cals and I hear seaweed is high vitamins and nutrients that people need!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    MEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Love love love love love love looooooove seaweed.. and I always use furikake in my rice, yum!
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I love them, especially the wasabi kind!!!
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I love seaweed salad, how much sodium do these have?
  • Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Yes! I loooooove these! They're actually kind of addicting!
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My wife and kids love it, I can't stand it.
  • jayj1982
    jayj1982 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I totally love them, but I've been eating roasted and non-roasted seaweed as long as I can remember as a treat! (Weird kid, I know) The last few times I've been to costco I've been able to get them by the box. They are all pre-packaged into little trays just like your photo!
  • Pifflesmom
    Pifflesmom Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm a seaweed salad junkie! It's hard to find where I live, so it's damn expensive, but SO good and worth the price :-)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    That is my favorite snack! I haven't been seeing the regular ones lately though, just the wasabi ones. :(
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Oh yum! I wish I had a Trader Joe's. All we have is a Whole Foods (30+ minutes away ) and I'd be surprised to find anything for $0.99 there! But those look soooo good.
  • before20
    Options
    I love seaweed salad, how much sodium do these have?

The entire package has 100mg of sodium, but (for normal people who aren't addicted to seaweed:wink:), the serving of half a package is only 50mg.

Who can resist, when its so low cal and delicious? :bigsmile:
  • lc504
    lc504 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, I must track these down next time I'm at Trader Joe's. Looks delish!
  • Havend1
    Havend1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love that stuff. I usually buy the sheets of seaweed. I eat it with steam rice with a drizzle of sesame oil. Good stuff. I also love the seaweed salad by itself.
  • genericaroar
    genericaroar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    YES! When I first got pregnant, I ate so many I actually got sick. haha.
  • jshorr
    jshorr Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love those! I have a farmer's market and an Asian market that have bulk bags of sheets of those. They are absolutely amazing! And good for you too. I like the ones with wasabi powder on them! Yummy!
  • ashiyo
    ashiyo Posts: 23
    Options
    MEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Love love love love love love looooooove seaweed.. and I always use furikake in my rice, yum!

furikake is delish!! so many tasty flavors.
    and i've not had just dried seaweed.. i do love seaweed salad though, so i may need to find me some of this!
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i love them too. i dissolve some wasabi in warm water, then brush it on the nori and bake for about 10 mins at a low temp. they get really crunchy and spicy that way. but the nori sheets do have a ton of iodine, much more than the daily recommended intake, so they shouldn't be eaten every day, especially if you're using iodized salt already.
  • waldron8
    Options
    I freakin' love the seaweed. My family thinks it's a bit disgusting!!!. Hubby says I smell like an aquarium when I'm munching my treat.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I love them too. One of few packaged items I eat.
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    I like seaweed, but I've never tried roasted seaweed... I should check this out!!! :D