Structuring Calories Throughout The Day?

Options
lukeout007
lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
How does your day usually pan out as far as cals go? Do you eat more at breakfast/lunch/dinner or do you snack throughout the day?

I've been eating a small breakfast and lunch and a normal size dinner and then ending up with 400-500 calories left after dinner which tends to get frustrating when I know I've had too few cals for the day but I'm not hungry and I need to go to bed. I feel as if making myself eat when I'm not hungry will just end up hurting me in the long run.

Replies

• krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Well since I've been losing and gaining the same freaking 2 lbs for the last 3 weeks I would'nt listen to a damn thing I say. But I'm trying to get most of my calories at breakfast and lunch, but not always successful. I always save some for a bedtime snack where I sometimes have oatmeal with nutello or a Mcdonalds ice cream cone for 150 cals. I'm really not much of a breakfast girl, never have been. And I do try to snack wisely.
  • lulabox
    lulabox Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    3 meals and sometimes a sanity snack (so something a bit unhealthy like a few pieces of chocolate). If time wasn't an issue, I'd do 5 small meals a day.
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I do three meals, and usually a snack after dinner a couple hours before bed. Rarely a snack mid-afternoon. I like to keep my breakfast under 120, and lunch/dinner around 500 - though usually eat more at lunch time. Then I have around 100 or so for a snack before bed.
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I try to evenly distribute the calories throughout the day so I'm not starving at dinner.. that being said I really don't put a ton of thought into planning every morsel. I just notice a big difference in my blood sugar levels and my ability to concentrate when it works out that way, and then I don't have to eat a bunch before bed either
  • cooter2533
    Options
    Normally do 150-300 for breakfast, 300-600 for lunch 500-600 for dinner and have 1-2 snacks anywhere between 100-400 (Post workout protein shake part of snacks). I eat 1600 cal a day. I have to almost always have to have a snack between breakfast and lunch be it and Apple or pretzels or yogurt, somethin like that, sometimes I have a afternoon snack just depends on what the rest of the day is like
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I eat when i'm hungry...whenever it happens to be.