I always go over on my sugars!!

Options
2»

Replies

• vwise
    vwise Posts: 12
    Options
    Try to stick to low glycemic foods, such as sweet potatos. Look up low glycemic foods on the internet.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    This was a good question. I am a banana eater because when ever they have pulled blood on me they say my potassium is wack! now the only way I know of to fix it is to eat a banana a day, but I have see the high amount of fruit sugar in it. Is there anyother way to help my potassium that you know of?

sweet potato

tomato

yogurt

many types of white fish (cod, halibut, tuna steak)

ahh, spinach

peaches

Cantaloupe

Kidney beans
    :flowerforyou:

:bigsmile: Thank you so much! I would have never thought of half those things ....You learn a lot while getting into a healthy roll!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That is always good though! Im not a vegitarian, but I do eat a lot of beans and spinach! and tillapia!:bigsmile: That rocks thank you !

You're welcome sweetie. I aim to please. :tongue:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    well, thats something that should be couched. Fruit sugars are BETTER then table sugar, but that doesn't really make them great. Double is still a lot.

Fructose (fruit sugar) is still something to be watched, it takes longer to break down then table sugar, and won't spike the blood sugar levels like table sugar will, but you should still be aware of it. Going over by a few grams per day in fruit sugar is fine, but doubling it might still be a bit much. Just try to cut back a bit on the fruits, don't cut them out, try to find a few fruits that have less sugar. I.E. strawberries, blueberries, apples, cantaloupe, watermelon ...etc. and space them out throughout the day so you aren't loading up on sugar on any one meal or snack.

Breakfast
    Generic - Watermelon Raw, 1 cup 46 cals/sugar 9
    Mangos - Raw, 1 cup, sliced 107 cals/sugar 24
    Strawberries - Raw, 1 cup, halves 49 cals/ sugar 7
    snack
    Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 cup slices 57 cals/sugar 11
    Bananas - Raw, 1 extra small (less than 6" long) 72cals/ sugar 10

So NOW I understand where all my sugar is coming from. That mango was delicious with 24 grams of sugar!! Might as well have had that chocolate bar I wanted:laugh: :laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    well, thats something that should be couched. Fruit sugars are BETTER then table sugar, but that doesn't really make them great. Double is still a lot.

Fructose (fruit sugar) is still something to be watched, it takes longer to break down then table sugar, and won't spike the blood sugar levels like table sugar will, but you should still be aware of it. Going over by a few grams per day in fruit sugar is fine, but doubling it might still be a bit much. Just try to cut back a bit on the fruits, don't cut them out, try to find a few fruits that have less sugar. I.E. strawberries, blueberries, apples, cantaloupe, watermelon ...etc. and space them out throughout the day so you aren't loading up on sugar on any one meal or snack.

Breakfast
    Generic - Watermelon Raw, 1 cup 46 cals/sugar 9
    Mangos - Raw, 1 cup, sliced 107 cals/sugar 24
    Strawberries - Raw, 1 cup, halves 49 cals/ sugar 7
    snack
    Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 cup slices 57 cals/sugar 11
    Bananas - Raw, 1 extra small (less than 6" long) 72cals/ sugar 10

So NOW I understand where all my sugar is coming from. That mango was delicious with 24 grams of sugar!! Might as well have had that chocolate bar I wanted:laugh: :laugh:

scary isn't it? But still, no matter what, fruit is still better for you then that chocolate bar. Lots more fiber and vitamins! So don't feel TOO bad lady!