Am I the only one?

Options
Lozze
Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
I keep seeing all these posts saying 'I struggle to eat my calories' and I'm honestly baffled because I have never, ever, ever struggled to hit my calories. I always have something healthy in the house to eat, whether it be fruit or a tuna snack or something. I just don't struggle to eat!

Replies

• tinag08
    Options
    are we ment to eat all the calories per day?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You're meant to get as close to 0 with your total as possible.

And OP, you're not alone. I never have trouble meeting my calorie goal. :)
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    are we ment to eat all the calories per day?

As close as possible.
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    Never a problem. I will exercise more just to have a snack lol (oh wait, I also have a very hard time losing weight..hm.)
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    People who are/were chronic meal skippers (guilty) can have a hard time adjusting to the new and higher calorie sets... especially if they skipped meals and chowed down on crap like chips in front of a game system instead of parking it at a table for an actual dinner. I guess it does sound a bit weird when it comes down to it. :ohwell:
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing all these posts saying 'I struggle to eat my calories' and I'm honestly baffled because I have never, ever, ever struggled to hit my calories. I always have something healthy in the house to eat, whether it be fruit or a tuna snack or something. I just don't struggle to eat!

Most days I struggle to eat what most consider enough, but today I ate about 2,000 calories.
  • Colie140
    Options
    I NEVER have a hard time with it, some days I struggle not to go over, I just get so hungry. Maybe I'm eating the wrong things
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time when I first started. I had (unknowingly) been eating 400-700 net calories a day, so trying to eat 2-3 times that was difficult. During pregnancy it was also hard for me to eat, I just wasn't very hungry (I only gained 15 pounds). Now that I'm logging my food and breastfeeding I'm still struggling to meet my calorie goal some days. I don't want to know what it'll be like once I start exercising as well!
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I honestly can't fathom how anybody can struggle meeting their daily goal ... I have to actually eliminate items to stay right under. But hey ... whatever works for ya ! :)
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    Well, I have had that problem. I found that I was really full after dinner and didn't even want to eat any more. I couldn't see the point of stuffing more food into my mouth that I wasn't even hungry for just to hit some arbitrary number. Eating because it was there not because I was hungry was what got me into this situation in the first place!

However, I have noticed the last couple of months that I have no problem hitting my calorie limit these days. This is partly because I've become smarter about eating more healthy snacks during the day rather than waiting until the evening. Also, as I've lost weight and improved my cardiovascular fitness, my workouts have become longer and more intense, so I think my body is just demanding more calories. If I occasionally go a few calories over my goal now I don't stress over it. I'm eating healthy foods and I'm listening to what my body is telling me.
  • Lmh0906
    Lmh0906 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time hitting mine, especially when it adds calories for exercise. I never really come close to that total. I am not hungry though so I don't want to eat just to hit that number. I am on a 90% veggie diet right now though so that doesn't help, but like I said, I'm not hungry.
  • Rayjewls
    Rayjewls Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It's a mind thing. We are all trying to lose weight so we eat as healthy as we can and exercise. So at the end of the day when you have calories left over and you've ate healthy all day it's kinda scarry seeing that you still have to eat...and still try and make healthy choices...
  • alisha17m
    alisha17m Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one! I struggle to stay below 1300. I can't help thinking these people underestimate or incorrectly measure what they eat. Perhaps they drink their Cals and don't record them? Anything below 900 Cals is probably just as bad for you as consistently eating more than 2000
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Uh, NO. One of my most memorable moments in life is when I was in my 20s - and much thinner and had excellent eating habits overall. I started tracking my calories and exercise (not easy since this was before this wonderful site - or even the internet) because I was feeling so tired, to find out that I was only consuming around 600 net calories a day! I did the biggest "happy" dance right there in my kitchen all by myself! I can eat more! I can eat more!

I miss those days… :ohwell:
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I don't get it either OP because I am hungry, and I am trying to maintain. Tonight I went 185 calories over so I *HAD* to workout to fix the numbers. (Now I am just -2 in the red.)
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I don't struggle to eat my calories either! Sometimes I'm 100 under, but it really depends on what I eaten. I've never eaten under 1,100 while on this site, and tracking.

I'm looking forward to my ice skating class, I'll burn more calories two days a week and then get to eat more (healthy) food.
  • foremaar012
    Options
    Never a problem. I will exercise more just to have a snack lol (oh wait, I also have a very hard time losing weight..hm.)

ooooh yes lol i do an extra 10min if I'm craving something bad...or go for a walk so I can have that night cap...so bad :)
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am usually trying to figure out how to not go over!

Then again, if you leave alone on the weekend, I will go out and eat lunch at a place that is TRIPLE my daily calorie limit. O.O Then I am still hungry later.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one! I struggle to stay below 1300. I can't help thinking these people underestimate or incorrectly measure what they eat. Perhaps they drink their Cals and don't record them? Anything below 900 Cals is probably just as bad for you as consistently eating more than 2000

There are a lot of us who were eating so little for so long that our bodies learned how to function on a small amount of calories. For those who are like that it has nothing to do with underestimating or incorrect measuring. It's simply that we aren't hungry and physically have a hard time forcing ourselves to eat a healthy amount.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me for a few reasons. I work out quite a bit and am sometimes just not THAT hungry throughout the day. I tend to eat lots of smaller meals (200-300 calorie range) every couple of hours starting from about 6/7am-3pm, then I usually go to the gym and just have dinner and a snack when I get home. If I hit the gym pretty hard, this can throw me an extra 500-600 calories. There's just no way I can consume 800+ calories (calories saved from the day + calories burned off from exercise) before bedtime. If I eat too much and feel too full, I feel like throwing up - literally.

Also, I just bought myself a balance ball chair for my desk at work and being too full makes sitting on it REALLY uncomfortable. That, coupled with the fact that I tend to eat TONS of veggies/high fiber/protein foods means I feel full most of the day. And I drink copious amounts of water. SO really, some days I struggle with getting to 0.