30 Day Shred - anyone know approximately how many calories I

Options
Hello! I am new to MFP and recently started doing 30 Day Shred. I am having trouble figuring how many calories are burned during a workout. Can any help? What do you log in?

Replies

• karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    You can use Circuit Training General - it is close for many people.

I now have an HRM. I am 50 and currently about 220 lbs. I burn between 215 and 280 depending on how hard I worked it and how much modification I did on a particular day.
  • joannecita26
    joannecita26 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Okay! Thanks!
    Do you find your HMR helpful for staying on track during your workout?
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    Okay! Thanks!
    Do you find your HMR helpful for staying on track during your workout?

I adore my HRM for many reasons. One of which is yes, it helps me stay on track. Now I am not really into the "fat burning zone" thing but I do keep an eye on not getting over a certain HR (for me, when I hit the 150s, I ease back). It is getting harder to get my HR up which is both frustrating (just a little) and encouraging (very) at the same time.

The main reason I like my HRM is because I feel so much more confident about the calories I am entering. This is especially important because i do often eat back my exercise calories and so the more accurate they are the better. it also helps my confidence when I go to the gym. I may still be a fattie but having an HRM on my arm seems, to me, to scream "I'm serious about this!" Which just somehow helps my feelings and so I can then go about my business without feeling so conspicuous.