Hey tall ladies.. what was your weight in college?

Options
I'm a 5'10" almost 19 year old with a small bone structure. I would be very interested in seeing other "tall girl" weights. My goal is 135lbs. Is that a healthy weight in your opinion? Please share! :)

Replies

• Dickersondiva
    Dickersondiva Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't know your bone structure, but 130 at 5'10" seems twiggy to me. I'm 5'9" and in college I was 159 lbs. I was a brick house. I had just finished with a high school varsity softball career, and was quite muscular. Before softball, I was 129 lbs....and looking back, I don't want to be that thin ever again. I want to retain my feminine curves; I do not want to be shaped like a 10 year old prepubescent boy. :)

Again, to each their own, but it sounds a lil bit thin. But if it is a healthy, fit weight, who cares how it looks, right? :)
  • Dickersondiva
    Options
    I'm sorry..I missed when you said you had a small bone structure. 130 may work out for you just fine. You have any pictures?
  • carrotstick2012
    Options
    For most people that height I would think that was probably underweight. I am 5' 7" and for me that would be underweight. But it's very individual and I have an average rather than small frame.
  • Lzysgrl
    Lzysgrl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'7" but I was a runner all throughout school and I was a healthy size 6. Anything below that and my family complained I was too bony (seriously, ribs would stick out) and the scale always told me 170-180. I agree that 135 sounds a little on the thin side, even if you have a delicate bone structure.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and was 125lbs in college which was probably too small. Now I would be happy at 150ish.
  • ErikaNichele
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and in college I weighed between 145 and 150 I was about a size 4, smallest was a 2... I have a small to medium bone structure and people called me skinny mini... You could be 135 and be healthy but its hard to maintain that size as you get older and get all the nutrients you need. Be careful hun. Dont know how to post picture if someone could tell me how i'll post them.
  • dealluver
    dealluver Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 6"1 and after my first child, at age 22, I weighed 140. I felt good and thought I looked good too! I think weight is relative to each individual. Some girls my same height looked anorexic at the same weight and others looked normal...
  • ErikaLin
    Options
    That's awesome that after having your child you weighed 140 at your height! The reason I want to get down to 135 is so when I am older my weight doesn't naturally leave the "accepted, healthy weight" unto the "heavier side" but smoothly transitions into average. :)
  • Dickersondiva
    Options
    I think as long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle this shouldn't be a problem. Usually weight gain comes from having children, marriage, college (freshman 15), and life's ups and downs in general. Learn to cope, eat, and live...and remember that what we are doing here on MFP is not a LIFESTAGE, it's a LIFESTYLE. Had I know then what I know now I wouldn't be trying to lose the weight now....I would be MAINTAINING. :)
  • ErikaLin
    Options
    It's all about the mindset! I don't know if you've heard of Pinterest or not. But it's a great source of inspirational workout quotes, different ways to work out, and healthy recipes that have helped me improve my health and motivated me to be healthier.