I've lost 53 pounds since Sept. 1st!

Options
Hi! I'm Betty (Bettyboop6440). I am new to My Fitness Pal but I have been dieting since the beginning of September this last year (2011). Last June, I began this journey in my mind when my daughter and her fiance were sitting on the couch. Kelsey gave the 6 foot 2" Marine a shove. "Move over!" she said. Steven just laughed at her. "Do you really think that's going to work?" he asked, sizing up her 5'4", 110 pound frame. She looked over at me helplessly and said, "Do you know he weighs 220 pounds?" I shook my head and smiled, knowing my strong-willed daughter would indeed win this fight even if he weighed 2,000 pounds. Inside however, I was thinking, "220 pounds. That's about how much I need to lose! I stared at bulk of the man destined to become my son-in-law somewhat stunned by the visual. "I am carrying a blonde Marine around with me everywhere I go!" It is no wonder I am so tired! It is no wonder my knees hurt! My efforts were further encouraged later that summer when I visited a friend of mine who lived on the lake. As I made my way down the stairs and across the lawn to the waterfront her doctor husband asked me, "How's your weight loss coming?" Doctor Kelly knew that I had been trying and failing to diet for the last year. "Well..."I said hesitantly, grasping at straws, desperately trying to come up with an excuse for my lack of success. "I visited my doctor trying to get more motivated but all my bloodwork came out fine. My blood pressure, cholestoral, blood sugar...everything is normal! Besides, she didn't even mention my weight!" "None of that matters," he responded, "it's your knees you need to worry about." I knew he was right. I did not want knee surgery. The very idea of any kind of surgery scares me to death and I know if I had to have knee surgery they would make me loss weight anyway. I didn't want to wait for that day. So with that truth and the thought of being the FAT mother of the bride at my daughter's upcoming nuptials. I resolved to do something. So the journey began.

Replies

• mauigyrl
    mauigyrl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 53lbs weight loss. That is alot! I hope that even with that loss your knees feel a little better. I hope to lose that much. My goal is to lose 54lbs. Stay strong!! I wish you luck on your weight loss journey..