Best wife award???

Options
Alright, where is it??? I want my trophy, NOW!

So tonight, being the supportive wife I am, went to my husbands basketball game. When I say his basketball game, I mean an Air Force team. Every shop has a team(s) so we are talking Airmen basic-Master Sgts, even officers are playing on these teams. So I went to this baketball game to cheer on my husband & the other computer geeks that play on his team. (They aren't that good...yet) so next thing I know Burrage, our really good friend, has this goofy smile on his face that I am not okay with. He throws me a jersey (#23...ha of course) & says Elliott, your playin. They only had 4 people if I didn't play they had to forfit.......So yes, I (Me-5"1, totally outta shape, girl who has never played basketball) played basketball with a bunch of grown military men!....needless to say I hurt. My heart rate monitor was screaming at me the whole time cause I maxxed out my heart rate. Also, I had already done pilaties, & zumba, & lifted weights....I better have like 5 more pounds that dropped off....

Replies

• crazybeautifulkittie
    Options
    WOW! yay! So proud of you :)
  • belliott08
    Options
    haha thanks!!! I was pretty proud of myself too!!!! & I am sure I will be even more so in the morning!!! ugh! lol
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    LOL sounds like a lot of fun. Good job! Did your team win?
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Dang girl, if I were you I'd be expecting 10 pounds to just surrender, fall in a heap on the floor, and run away.
  • belliott08
    Options
    haha, sadly we did not win. We lost like 27 to 52 or something like that. I mean I thought I was a pretty awesome wife because I am the only one that goes to any of their games at all....actually I havent missed one yet & have yet to see any other wives there. I never thought I would have to PLAY though!!!! haha it was cute cause my husband isn't good at playing either, he only plays cause they need the players, so we both got to suck together :) My body is mad at me though, poppin with every step...the morning is going to be rough.
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    hahaha, that's awesome! Good for you! Definitely up for at least a nomination. :)