Top 3!

Options
I got a Kindle for Valentines day last year...three months later my son snapped the screen and I didn't think Amazon would replace it, and I did not have the money to replace it. Well my husband called Amazon today (it runs out of warranty in a month) and asked them if they would replace it. They said yes! So now I need books....give me your top three must read books :)

Replies

• megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Mine got stepped on and they replaced it! I was so happy! I am currently on the last book in the Millenium Series by Stieg Larrson. I would also recommend The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit (some people haven't read them, so I always recommend them.) Slaughterhouse Five, and Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Hunger Games! Game of Thrones! The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo!
  • forest0spirit555
    forest0spirit555 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Breecher Stowe, The Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    Fahrenheit 451
    The Ox Bow Incident
    Lord of the Flies
  • mommamindi
    Options
    Added them all to my "Must read list" thanks! Keep em coming :)
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Adding to the chorus of The Hunger Games, even if the last book was just... nevermind :noway:

A Song of Ice and Fire is another REALLY good series. Just don't have any favourites haha. And you should check out the TV show based on the books, Game of Thrones, if you haven't already.

The Millennium Trilogy. Can take a little bit of getting used to, but Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is one of my favourite books.

Anything by Robin McKinley!

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind.
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    Adding to the chorus of The Hunger Games, even if the last book was just... nevermind :noway:

1. Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

2. The hunger Games, Catcher in the Rye, Speak
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Well my favorite three are All Quiet on the Western Front, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (pure humor, but there's talent in that!), and the Collected Essays of George Orwell (Animal Farm and 1984 are amazing, so any of these three, but I do love those essays).
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan (just a warning... there are like 12 books so far)
    Romeo & Juliet
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (trilogy)
    Sherlock Holmes
    Wuthering Heights

Sorry... I have so many more than three....
  • shayjgordon
    shayjgordon Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The Help...just finished it...AMAZING!
    Anything by Jodi Picoult
    Eat, Pray, Love and her follow up Committed
  • Maryjaneshoes
    Maryjaneshoes Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The Passage, by Justin Cronin
    Lolita, Nabakov
    Slammerkin, Emma Donnahue. :)
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Water for Elephants. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. Peter and the Starcatchers (it's a prequel kind of story about the characters from Peter Pan before they ended up as how we know and love them) - the others in the series are just OK. Peony in Love. Oh so many! I also liked the Twilight, Harry Potter, and Percy Jackson series. Good luck! I'll have to look in to some of the books people have posted about - thanks everyone.