Does anyone "online fantasy shop"?

Options
Does anyone ever sit at the computer and "pretend" online shop/wishlist things that will someday be a reality?

I like to do this... everyone I know tells me that it's weird.
Oh well.

I like going to stores online like Pottery Barn and I fake-register for all sorts of things for my "future house"... If I had unlimited space and money.

I like doing this for clothing too: for my dream body that I am on my way to having.
I may never be able to afford these clothes, but it's nice motivation knowing that I'll one day be able to fit in to them (with out getting the largest size available)

Does anyone else do this??
Does anyone have site suggestions??

Please no rude "that's weird" or negative comments, I've gotten enough of that.

I like Mod Cloth and heels dot com

Replies

• cerrajean
    cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Occasionally I'll allow my browser to wander over to Burberry's web site. So many pretties. :D
  • VodkaSalad37
    VodkaSalad37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    thank you for replying... I was starting to get lonely with the refresh button...

I'll check out burberry
  • cerrajean
    Options
    I totally just did after i posted that. Usually I love drooling over their shoes, but the ones they've got up now are just meh.

My biggest thing is deal sites. Places like 1saleaday dot com or Shadora dot com, woot dot com, etc...
  • VodkaSalad37
    Options
    those sites are DANGEROUS. I went on the site for Zara. when i went there, they had a lot of things with sparkles. I was happy.

I went on the site... it was....................butt.
  • KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I actually have a pending shopping list for when I reach my goal LOL. Tell me that isn't sad!
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    try victorias secret
  • Dickersondiva
    Dickersondiva Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Funny. I have been know to fill up a buggy full of items at VictoriasSecret.com or Maccosmetics.com. I will total up the price, and even go to retailmenot.com to find coupon codes. I then strategically try to figure out how much overtime I would have to work to pay for it all. LOL. And to think I thought I was the only one....
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm on Pinterest and I've got a goal weight board with all the clothes I want to wear when I lose my weight. Part of it helps keep me motivated so I keep working to fit into those clothes but the other part of it is frustrating because I want to fit in those clothes NOW and I'm ready to be done being overweight.
  • VodkaSalad37
    Options
    Funny. I have been know to fill up a buggy full of items at VictoriasSecret.com or Maccosmetics.com. I will total up the price, and even go to retailmenot.com to find coupon codes. I then strategically try to figure out how much overtime I would have to work to pay for it all. LOL. And to think I thought I was the only one....

YES!!!!! You share my crazy!!
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    LMAO, and here I thought you were talking about <ahem> toy shopping.
  • cerrajean
    Options
    LMAO, and here I thought you were talking about <ahem> toy shopping.

^this.
    (winning!)
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but I dream big. I shop for airplanes. :)
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    I do this with cars on the regular, I'll build my dream mustang or something like that..I also go on newegg or amazon and put stuff in the carts haha.
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    When I am having a really crappy day or i just want some comfort food I love to shop around online. It reminds me of what I'm working on and I no longer want that fattening, sodium filled comfort food. I want to wear cute dresses, jeans, switsuits, etc. and not worry about what fat roll is bulging out. It keeps me motivated!
  • trudy45
    trudy45 Posts: 83
    Options
    I do this all the time :) x
  • vxjammiedodgerxv
    vxjammiedodgerxv Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time lol. Most weekends I find myself looking at houses for sale and I pick the 1 I want in case I win the lottery saturday night! Also clothes, shoes and bags etc. Not just for me, for my kids too lol. I'm a dreamer, always have been, but I don't see the harm in it. I always scrape by week to week moneywise and I don't look how I want to at the moment so I dream!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one too lol :smile:
  • may2490
    may2490 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ha!

I do this a lot!

Mainly for houses- - I go and pick out my expensive dream home with the pool and everything :)

For clothes, I like Victorias Secret and Fredricks of Hollywood ;) One of these days I am going to be fit enough to wear those clothes.

Its fun and I do it when I am stressed. It helps to calm my nerves!!
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm on Pinterest and I've got a goal weight board with all the clothes I want to wear when I lose my weight. Part of it helps keep me motivated so I keep working to fit into those clothes but the other part of it is frustrating because I want to fit in those clothes NOW and I'm ready to be done being overweight.

This! Am in love with Pinterest!
  • SweetProgression
    SweetProgression Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    yep I call it play shopping my guy thinks it's odd