overcoming binge eating disorder?

Has anyone had and overcoming binge eating disorder?
How did you do it?
I usually go REALLY well with food for couple weeks and then will just eat absolute crap for the next couple weeks, undoing all my hard work :/
i dunno what to do...

Replies

• mstally
    mstally Posts: 2 Member
    I am looking for help with this too!:flowerforyou:
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    I am in the same category as you
    so I am really pleased you posted this
    as I too would love some ideas to try to help overcome the damage I keep doing
  • eclecticwingtips
    eclecticwingtips Posts: 19 Member
    Right now im not trying to restrict my foods too much. I am allowing myself those "naughty" foods, as long as i sicki within my calorie limits. I have only had one day i went over, but it feels good to say ok you can have that pizza you really want... but we arer gonna have thin crust and instead of supreme we have vegie pizza!
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    I have a treat meal every week. Because I am a binge eater, its a huge meal. Then I have to exercise really hard during the week to make sure I work it off. So my exercise cals are used to "pay back" Friday's excess. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    Of course, the answer is really to stop binge eating but I'm 42 years old and have been on this journey for over 3 years now. Its not going to happen. Just got to try and work round it
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    I just don't buy it, if I don't have it in the house, I can't eat it.
    If I go out I only take the money I need for what I want to buy, then I can't buy food.
    I have treat saturday, eat whatever the hell I want aslong as it's not over my calorie limit.
  • If you're a binge eater, then you're an emotional eater. I recommend getting yourself the book Overcoming Overeating: Conquer Your Obsession With Food by Jane Hirschmann & Carol Munter.
    Hope it helps.