Energy drinks

Options
Whats your thoughts on them yeah or no??

x

Replies

• SandyQ229
    SandyQ229 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i drink them rarely. but occasionally i do grab a rockstar cola
  • mattkosc
    mattkosc Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have never been much of an energy drink person, but I think I am addicted to pre workout supplements :P I love the focus and "pump" that I get from taking one before a workout.
  • lisajnz
    lisajnz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Definitely a place for them, but they are over-used (in my opinion) - if you're doing more than an hour hard cardio, you need to start thinking about replacing nutrients and carbs, then they are good, but otherwise they are empty calories. I just put a large bottle on my planner for Saturday because I'm biking a huge (150km) bike challenge :)
  • lp1991
    lp1991 Posts: 30
    Options
    I like lucozade and relentless to help me through dancing but they are really high in calories :|

x
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I don't drink tea or coffee and I feel like I need caffine to keep me going! I drink sugar free red bull once a day just to get some caffine in me
  • rsmithy89
    rsmithy89 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    They are fine if you get the sugar free versions.

That isnt so much the case if you are a guy attempting to put on muscle though. I have read that it has an impact on hypertropy (muscle growth).
  • lp1991
    lp1991 Posts: 30
    Options

That isnt so much the case if you are a guy attempting to put on muscle though. I have read that it has an impact on hypertropy (muscle growth).

my lucozade is far from sugar free :( should i stop drinking that and switch?
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    advocares SPARKX!
  • triplejay1
    triplejay1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yea, i def. think getting a little caffeine each day is helpful to weight loss, as long as you drink plenty of water, because its helps keep you alert and active during the day, i would suggest 1/4 of a caffine tab or the sugar free energy drinks ( like the one you suggested)
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I tend to drink the 5 hour energy shots quite often. No sugar, caffine= 1 cup of coffee, & plenty of vitamin B!:drinker:
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    They're not used for the right reason, people drink them as you would a glass of water, just because they taste nice.
    I drink them if I'm traveling for long periods of time & have no way of getting food.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options

interesting, is there any truth to this?
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    LOVE the taste of them. Tend to get the low carb ones when I crave one though as can't be good for you x
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I don't drink tea or coffee and I feel like I need caffine to keep me going! I drink sugar free red bull once a day just to get some caffine in me

Same here! lol, think I'm addicted to red bull :drinker:
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I drink Lucazade Sport when I'm on my long runs only, when I'm out for well over an hour to help rehydrate myself and get abit of much needed energy, I have replace this recently tho with Sports Gels, sits better on my stomach and seem to be a better energy kick to it. I don't take them until an hour in tho and only take every 20 mins to half hour after that
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I drink Lucazade Sport when I'm on my long runs only, when I'm out for well over an hour to help rehydrate myself and get abit of much needed energy, I have replace this recently tho with Sports Gels, sits better on my stomach and seem to be a better energy kick to it. I don't take them until an hour in tho and only take every 20 mins to half hour after that

I use those gels too they are so good :)
  • GymTanLawndry
    Options
    What are your guys thoughts on taking pre-training supplements in replace of energy drinks? Usually pre-workouts are made of all natural ingredients, have no sugar, last twice as long, and don't give you a crash...Aside from the taste, they seem like a much more effective alternative...here's a site that compares the two --> http://www.energydrinksports.com/what-is-the-best-energy-drink/
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I'm not allowed to drink them anymore due to a medication that I take, but I used to love me some sugar free Red Bull. I loved drinking one about 20 mins before a workout, gave me a little boost!