Help reading digital scales!!!

Options
Ok, this sounds like an absolutely ridiculousquestion but I really am stumped!!! I had a quick weigh in this morning (usually don't weight until Sunday morning) and my scale was down from 14.16 (or thereabouts) to 13.95 this morning. Now, I was reading this as 14 stones 1lb down to 13 stone 9lb approx!!! I think I am wrong though! Am I stupid and reading this incorrectly?????

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    13.95 stone would be 13 stone 13 pounds.

There are 14 pounds in a stone.

Edited to add: 14.16 would be 14 stone 2 pounds
  • Zoe2901
    Zoe2901 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I would read the 13.95 as 13 stone 9.5 lbs so yes you read it correctly
  • pudgypie
    pudgypie Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    13.95 stone would be 13 stone 13 pounds.

There are 14 pounds in a stone.

Edited to add: 14.16 would be 14 stone 2 pounds

Thanks Thomas. Would you mind giving me the increments so that I can read correctly. I've googled but it's not giving me the exact answer. So for 1 stone it goes from 1-2 but what are the points for each llb in between?

I promise, even though it sounds such a stupid question, I am not usually this stupid! LOL
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    DOES it not have a lbs weighing instead then you can focus just on the lbs not the stones?x
  • Thomasm198
    Options
    If the scales has a setting for kilos or just pounds, it might be better to switch it to that. The problem is that without knowing what the manual for the scale says the decimal point could be just seperating the stones from the pounds or it could be expressing it as stones.

The conversion rates would be:
    0.072 would equal 1 pound
  • pudgypie
    Options
    Yes Sandown, it has that option but I am old school and prefer to have it in stones and lbs! I am just curious now how to read stones on a digital bathroom scales and what the increments are between each stone.
  • kford12
    kford12 Posts: 112
    Options
    I know the feeling! I weigh myself in Stones and Pounds, but my partner does just Pounds as that is what MFP uses.

However, when I convert the Stone and Pounds into just Pounds, the total is different?! I am a few pounds lighter when I use the Pounds setting than when I do Stones and Pounds....trippy! Am going by the heavier weight though :o)
  • pudgypie
    Options
    If the scales has a setting for kilos or just pounds, it might be better to switch it to that. The problem is that without knowing what the manual for the scale says the decimal point could be just seperating the stones from the pounds or it could be expressing it as stones.

Thomas you're a star! That conversion will do perfectly.

Same problem with me Kford but I am going with the heavier weight at the moment.
  • Thomasm198
    Options

Same problem with me Kford but I am going with the heavier weight at the moment.

If you want to print off this list, these would be the full conversion rates.

0.072 = 1
    0.144=2
    0.216=3
    0.288=4
    0.360=5
    0.432=6
    0.504=7
    0.576=8
    0.648=9
    0.720=10
    0.792=11
    0.864=12
    0.936=13
  • pudgypie
    Options

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee! Perfect. I just had an audible "AHA!" moment. LOL

Thanks a mill for your help Thomas, that's exactly what I was looking for. I've been googling for ages but I couldn't find the increments.

Cheers. :bigsmile:

If you want to print off this list, these would be the full conversion rates.

0.072 = 1
    0.144=2
    0.216=3
    0.288=4
    0.360=5
    0.432=6
    0.504=7
    0.576=8
    0.648=9
    0.720=10
    0.792=11
    0.864=12
    0.936=13
  • pudgypie
    Options
    not quite sure what happened with my reply above BUT my reply seems to have landed in the middle!