My belly is flabby and sticks out, want it to be flat! Will

Options
Will 30ds tone me up so my belly is flat? Will it help me lose weight quicker? Thank u x

Replies

• thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Exercise and diet will make your stomach flat.
  • Platano4LIFE
    Options
    Exercise and diet is the most important thing. Everyone thinks that doing abs will get rid of belly fat, this is absolutely incorrect/lie/myth. There is no such thing as spot fat removal, you just do all the healthy things and fat will be lost where ever your body chooses. Stay the course and you will see results. :-) good luck
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    30DS defo helped my flabby belly, but really, I think doing any vigorous exercise every day will help if you are also on a reduced calorie diet!
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have a round belly to! Its horrid! This month I have made it my focus and I have been doing loads of cardio as normal but adding in lots of core work! 10 minute solutions blast of belly fat is a really good dvd! Diet and excersise are really important and there is no point in doing loads of crunches if your tummy is covered in fat! My flab has flattened out abit already though! Still flabby and fat but a bit more even! Work hard and you will get rid of it! thats the only advice anyone can give you really!
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Actually loads of crunches will actually make your belly larger due to the fact that the muscles under the layer of fat have grown.
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    cardio, cardio,cardio!
  • hofficoffi
    hofficoffi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Exercise and healthy diet, 30ds is awesome however for reducing your belly area. I still have a large belly but its gone down soooo much! 3 inches off my waist 2 inches off my belly and 2 inches off my hips! I'm on day 23. Last time I did it I lose 12.5 inches overall. Its worth it for only 20mins per day. I do do cardio on top of that too as want to shred the fat faster so you can see my newly formed muscles! lol xxx
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    I agree with everyone that diet and vigorous cardio will trim down your belly.

For me, running is what made my belly flat again after having kids, and it toned it. Once I got to the point that I had lost the belly fat but wanted more definition, I did P90X and the Ab Ripper video absolutely shredded my stomach. (I'm not saying you have to wait until you lose the belly fat to do Ab Ripper or another core workout - that's just the way it went for me.)

You'll get there! Just keep at it.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I definetely want to hear what people have to say too...I mostly am happy with my weight loss, but my belly still sticks out! It's so upsetting because my abs used to be something I was proud of (before I gained the weight). I go to a weekly yoga/pilates fusion class, and do lots of cardio. Maybe I should add more abs exercises in? (and yes, I know you need to burn the layer of fat over the abdominal muscles).
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    In order of most importance: diet > cardio > diet > cardio > diet > diet > ab related exercises
  • ladydazy1
    Options
    Yep, just like amy wrote: A personal trainer friend of mine says to do cardio, cardio and cardio for belly fat.
  • ladydazy1
    Options
    I mean Airbear3.
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    Cardio and diet are key! Weighted ab exercises if you want to build your abs =)
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    In addition to burning the fat, etc, try working in exercises that work the transverse abdominals. Regular crunches focus on the rectus abdominus -- the transverse abs are the ones underneath that work a little like a corset under the rectus abs and obliques.