slow go

Options
I have been tracking for about a month and meeting my goal however only lost about 4lbs. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? Any help or suggestions would be great.

Replies

• Harvest02
    Options
    Well, you have lost more than me. I have been tracking for a month also and have lost only 2!!! I am frustrated because i am also doing 30 day shred and ripped in 30. I am 42 years old, but am only about 10 pounds from my ideal weight. Do you have lots to lose? Are you drinking enough water? Make sure you are eating enough too. I keep thinking this way, if i lose it slow, it will stay off. Losing weight too fast has not worked for me in the past. Don't give up!!! You are doing great!!
  • natashamcn
    natashamcn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are both doing measurements! Especially if you have been working out, often times the scale won't budge much but the measurements do. (Muscle weighs more than fat). After a week of Ripped in 30 I lost an inch and a half- and i'm not big to begin with. Good luck to you both!
  • rheiah
    rheiah Posts: 84
    Options
    My weight loss is really slow as well, but I actually kind of like that.
    It's telling me that I'm losing the right kind of weight - especially as my measurements keep going down (if I can trust my measuring skills).

And the best test of all: clothes!
  • Jfuller1250
    Options
    I have about 20 more lbs that I would need to lose to be at my ideal weight. I have not been working out at all as I can not afford the cost of a gym and my house is too small. I have been meeting my goal of food but does it still make a difference if I were to eat more and more veggies? I have changed my diet a lot all ready but not sure if this would help some more or not. I will also start keeping track of the measurements to see what is happening there also. The site tells me that i will lose about 11lbs in 5 weeks and just not seeing how at this rate.
  • rheiah
    Options
    I have about 20 more lbs that I would need to lose to be at my ideal weight. I have not been working out at all as I can not afford the cost of a gym and my house is too small. I have been meeting my goal food but does it still make a difference if I were to eat more and more veggies? I have changed my diet a lot all ready but not sure if this would help some more or now. I will also start keeping track of the measurements to see what is happening there also. The site tells me that i will lose about 11lbs in 5 weeks and just not seeing how at this rate.

Have you started walking as an exercise? You should always be possible to do that, just around your neighbourhood, through the park etc. You don't really require any equipment and it's a great way to start working out!

I tend to walk for about 90 min a day at a brisk pace (to & from work) and feel great!

Also, the MFP predictions seem to be highly optimistic... I tend not to trust them regarding my weight loss over the next 5 weeks. I'm aiming at achieving my target weight in about double/triple the time.
  • Jfuller1250
    Options
    I will do my best to get out and walk but it is winter here and been very cold and rainy here. So you think it takes longer than what the site tells us?
  • rheiah
    Options
    I will do my best to get out and walk but it is winter here and been very cold and rainy here. So you think it takes longer than what the site tells us?

For me it does, especially as I've got only about 5 kg left to lose. But then everybody is different.
    Also, I'm in no hurry to lose it quickly - I'd rather progress slowly and be able to sustain the loss. And, it's also a lot about getting fit and being able to do more stuff more easily (i.e. run / swim over a longer distance).

We've got winter here as well, though a very mild one. It can be very discouraging when you're heading out in the morning and it's still dark, and walk back through the dark but now I got into the habit of doing it, I'm enjoying it enormously.
    And it gets even more enjoyable once the days get longer and the weather a bit nicer!

In the meantime, wrap up warm and head out there! It doesn't have to be a long walk! The important thing is to get started.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I've been losing at a similar rate to yours since last Memorial Day.
    I'd like faster results too, but its unrealistic for me. I blame the media for pushing huge weight losses as if they are the average. It takes time to create the deficit of 3500 calories that equals a pound.
    I was jealous of my husband's weight loss; it seemed so fast to me. When we figured it out though he lost 3/4 of a pound more than me per month on average! His loss seemed fast in comparison, but my perception was not reality.
    Keep going; it will add up.
  • Jfuller1250
    Options
    Thanks to you all for the support! I think this is what I needed to hear to just have a pick me up. And I will start making sure to walk as I agree I should put more effort towards it if I am wanting to make it go faster. Thanks again! I can see why it is easier to do this with support.