It has only been 4 days!!!!

Options
I am very SUPRISED but HAPPY!!!!I was wondering if losing 7 pounds in 4 days is safe?What do you all think?

Replies

• larthur
    larthur Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on why you lost that much. If, for example you quit drinking pop and are flushing your system with plenty of water it would be normal and healthy. If you are starving, then it's probably not a good thing :smile:
  • MotivatedQuitta86
    Options
    I been eating mainly fruits&vegetables and drinking slim fast shakes.I was drinking sodas a lot in the past, so maybe that is what it is.I also been drinking plenty of water.Thanks a lot for your help!
  • myabandit
    myabandit Posts: 21
    Options
    are you getting in proteins and calcium?

If you are just drinking the shakes that really isn't very healthy.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    It's safe if you're not doing anything drastic to get there. A lot of times at the beginning it's a combination of fat, glycogen, water, and waste that is the cause of a large weight loss. It won't (or usually won't) continue at this level, but it means that you have altered your eating and exercising routine drastically, usually this is a good sign. But if you feel bad, sluggish, tired, or just plain off, then I would re-examine your diet and exercise and maybe tone it down some, if the feelings continue, consult a doctor, get some blood work done, it may be a condition.
    Other then that, continue on, good work!

Oh, and watch it with those slim fast shakes, they're good in a pinch, but not something I would recommend every day. Better to plan out healthy, "real food" meals and prepare snacks ahead of time if you have a time crunch. It's much better to eat real healthy foods then pre-made meal replacements.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I want to say I agree with those that said you need more than the shakes & fruits and vegetables. You aren't going to be able to exercise or do much else if you don't give your body the nutrition it needs.
    Whole grains, lean meats and yes even some fats are healthy and our bodies need those too.

You might be able to lose weight with the shakes and eating just fruits & veggies. But you probably won't have much success in keeping it off. Eventually you'll need to eat more food.

A sensible eating plan will get you to where you want to be weight wise. Plus you'll be able to maintain it.
  • MotivatedQuitta86
    Options
    Ok thanks for all the advice.......What kinds of meats should I eat?I was thinking the meats is what been making me gain all these excess weight in the first place that is why I been staying away from it.Yeah I ghet what you all are saying about I do need to eat more than just the shakes,vegetables, and fruits.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks for all the advice.......What kinds of meats should I eat?I was thinking the meats is what been making me gain all these excess weight in the first place that is why I been staying away from it.Yeah I ghet what you all are saying about I do need to eat more than just the shakes,vegetables, and fruits.

no particular food will make you gain weight any more then any other (although really bad stuff, is far worse)

More likely it's the AMOUNT of any one particular type of food. And the amount of total calories. Most people underestimate how much they eat normally, and have no idea what a real serving size is. Thus the reason why the US is so overweight.

Meat (or complete proteins and good fats from other sources) is just as important as veggies and fruits and grains and dairy, they are all vital to a healthy balanced nutritional plan.